Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• totally new

Hi All

I have had the soho package for a month now and i want to learn more about two things . The first is how to set up ccard facilities and once theyre set where does the money get deposited. The second thing is to find out how to get more traffic and get onto search engines.

Kind Regards
    Mike Hume
    webmaster@have2need.com
    www.have2need.com

Re: totally new

Mike,

Setting up a cc processor is a two part process, which can be done at one company. Its called a MERCHANT ACCOUNT. You also need a GATEWAY which acts as the TERMINAL similar to an ATM but since its online, its a virtual terminal. Vodahost offers a free one if you qualify and there are others you can find your own. You also need to make sure its compatible with sohocart. You could also use paypal, and do all your transactions there. If you use paypal you wont need a merchant account, dedicated ip or SSL.

You need to learn some SEO on how to optimize your site for traffic and ranking, along with how to use ppc and similar campaigns. Vodahost has www.vodahits.com

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

thanks karen

if i use paypal then i dont need to worry about all the rest is that what you are saying?

Kind regards
      Mike

Comment

Karen does soho not come with an already set up gateway through vodahost or do i still need to set one up with them.

Comment

Mike,

Soho comes with gateway INTEGRATION, meaning there are several payment methods available if you go look: shopping cart, payment methods. But thats not the same as a merchant account, it just means the software is already in place for you to use. You will still need a merchant account or paypal account to use it.

Vodahost does not automatically SET UP your merchant account. That would be a waste of time for Voda as the majority dont want them. Costly as well. You need to put in a support ticket for the merchant account, if you want one, and if you qualify, etc etc you will get one. Just because you sign up doesnt mean you will automatically be issued one. You still have to meet criteria just like getting a loan from the bank, and, it also depends on your merchandise. With that said, you will then have monthly fees associated. You will have PER TRANSACTION fees, and sometimes a monthly minimum. Then, you will have a monthly statement fee, and a GATEWAY fee. With all of that said, I believe you have to also be a US citizen.

You will also need dedicated ip and ssl if you accept credit cards to protect the credit card information. Your site is about Africa Travel, so if you live there you are going to have to look at offshore merchant banking, at some pretty high rates, and most likely also NOT compatible with SOHO. Im giving you this information hopefully to save you some pain and frustration. You will most likely end up paying for any integration done.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Karen i think i will just use paypal

Comment

Karen

paypal does not allow people in my country to withdraw from their accounts. How do i go about accepting cards if i get a merchant account from a local bank.

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac
                Mike,

Soho comes with gateway INTEGRATION, meaning there are several payment methods available if you go look: shopping cart, payment methods. But thats not the same as a merchant account, it just means the software is already in place for you to use. You will still need a merchant account or paypal account to use it.

Vodahost does not automatically SET UP your merchant account. That would be a waste of time for Voda as the majority dont want them. Costly as well. You need to put in a support ticket for the merchant account, if you want one, and if you qualify, etc etc you will get one. Just because you sign up doesnt mean you will automatically be issued one. You still have to meet criteria just like getting a loan from the bank, and, it also depends on your merchandise. With that said, you will then have monthly fees associated. You will have PER TRANSACTION fees, and sometimes a monthly minimum. Then, you will have a monthly statement fee, and a GATEWAY fee. With all of that said, I believe you have to also be a US citizen.

You will also need dedicated ip and ssl if you accept credit cards to protect the credit card information. Your site is about Africa Travel, so if you live there you are going to have to look at offshore merchant banking, at some pretty high rates, and most likely also NOT compatible with SOHO. Im giving you this information hopefully to save you some pain and frustration. You will most likely end up paying for any integration done.

Karen
                hi Karen

Please could you help me find someone with a soho site in South africa so that they might help with the gateway setup as paypal does not allow withdrawals from my country

Comment

Working...
                X