Another sub domain question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another sub domain question

I've watched the video and still can't seem to get it right. Is there any other info out there to assist with setting up a sub domain? Did anyone else have problems doing this, or is it my usual computer retardation showing up? I hope maybe someone else had a little trouble at first and then got it right....and can help me out.
    Thanks!

Ronda

It seems I've missed part of this conversation but I didn't quite understand whether you needed advice on how to create a subdomain or an add-on domain.

Please elaborate.
    Ruth

http://www.okose.com
    Professional Web design/development and Graphic Design

Comment

subdomain

Login to Cpanel
      Go to Subdomains
      Create the first part of teh subdomain you want.

After it is created setup a redirect to a folder in your domians public_html directory.

Comment

I finally totally understand

Originally posted by midatlanticweather
        Login to Cpanel
        Go to Subdomains
        Create the first part of teh subdomain you want.

After it is created setup a redirect to a folder in your domians public_html directory.
        Or find the folder that this created in the Public_html folder.

I finally understand it completely myself!

Comment

everytime i try to create another add on domain....it says it "is not a valid name". I created a new folder in public_html folder and named it "website2" using my web site name as the root. the message says website2/website1 is not a valid name......
          any suggestions? thanks!

i think i must be missing an entire step in the process somehow!

Originally posted by midatlanticweather
          Or find the folder that this created in the Public_html folder.

I finally understand it completely myself!

Comment

one more note. i am having an old, existing site sent to this DNS server. I guess that would be a subdomain right? guess you can tell i don't know what the hay i'm doing!! thanks for any help.

Originally posted by rdensford
            everytime i try to create another add on domain....it says it "is not a valid name". I created a new folder in public_html folder and named it "website2" using my web site name as the root. the message says website2/website1 is not a valid name......
            any suggestions? thanks!

i think i must be missing an entire step in the process somehow!

Comment

I think your best option is to delete the folders you manually created yourself.

Transfer your existing domain to vodahost...please submit a support ticket if youre not too sure on how to do this.

then once the transfer is complete make sure the domain status is registered with vodahost.

Then go to your control panel and click on add-on domain see video tutorial if not too sure how to do this.
              when you follow the steps on how to create add-on domain, at some point it will ask you to put the name of the folder in which you want your web to be in and also the name of the domain e.g. yoursite as the folder and yoursite as the domain.

Once these steps have been successfully carried out you should then go back to your control panel main menu then goto FTP Manager > FTP Accounts and check that your add-on domain is there if so then when you're uploading from this point make sure that you upload to the folder that you named under your public.html folder. e.g. public_html/yoursite/

if after you visit this new add-on website and you see an error page then I suggest you raise a support ticket as it could be related to the fact that your domain was registered with another hosting co.

Hope this makes sense.
              Ruth

http://www.okose.com
              Professional Web design/development and Graphic Design

Comment

Please do not confuse an add-on domain with a sub domain, they are two entirely diffrent animals. Please click the link below to learn more about add-on domains.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                X