Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Hispanic cat

Hey all,

as you can see, my avatar is that moment in Shrek 2 where the assassin cat Puss in Boots (voiced by Antonio Banderas) is bested by Shrek and awaits his doom... of course, Shrek is way too magnanimous to obliterate him... so the cat joins them on their adventures... lol.

I think the moment when he looks up at Shrek ranks for me as one of the most poignant moments in screen history. Anyone else feel the same? (there's another moment later, when he looks up in similar fashion, to a bunch of baddies, but it doesnt have the same impact, as we know he is faking it)

Kudos to those writers, both 1 and 2, for maintaining the level of script and story excellence... I also write movie scripts and know how much work and sweat goes into them... lol.

Kudos also to the animators: it's one thing to write in the script "Holding his hat in front of his face, the cat looks up at Shrek in mortal dread, as he QUIVERS in his boots" - and another thing to make that look a Movie Magic Moment!

What do others think?

Cheers

Will
    A manual to help small-business owners . http://www.entrepreneurshipz.com

Re: An Hispanic cat

Awww Yay! How can anyone resist them eyes! You are so right, the animation is totally fantastic. Tell you one thing that makes this film even better - watching it on a HD TV lol. hehehe. Im in love with donkey (lol) he is totally fantastic. Although, if I knew someone that was as annoying as him, I think I would slap them lol.

Cant wait for the 3rd film!

Teri

Comment

Hate to disappoint you all, nothing hispanic about that cat other than the Spanish actor in Shrek II.

Le Chat Botté was written by a Frenchman Charles Perrault in the late 1600's, most likely he was making fun of the aristocracy of the time, eventhough he was one of them.
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hey Guyz,

tks for the comments... yeah, dark, looking FW to eventually getting a big HD TV ******screen YOOJ thingy... lol!! That way one can simulate the big screen thing without - my worst - ppl munching popcorn and talking!! lol

Bill, R U saying that Puss in Boots was originally a french creation? Le Chat Botte - "The Cat in Boots"? Didnt know that... my my, we live and learn, ey? lol.

I guess Banderas was chosen for the role coz they wanted a swashbuckler, a la Zorro or the ilk :- But a french actor could have pulled it off just as well...some of those eccentrics off "Amelie" come to mind... lol.

My understanding is that Hollywood animation is dominated by one guy: Jeffrey Katzenberg. He has all the say at who does what and why!! (altho this info may be out of date)

cheers

Will
        A manual to help small-business owners . http://www.entrepreneurshipz.com

Comment

Working...
        X