seeing double in preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seeing double in preview

This is strange. I'm on the third try for this page, because I keep thinking I must be doing something wrong...
    When I am building a page, I am checking the preview after each text addition and all is OK until the last preview- the box in which I have the text of my site has a shadow, well more of a repeat of itself, behind it. When I close the preview, the file that I am actually making changes on is fine.
    Am I screwing it up by changing the page heighth as a last step? ( I do set it when I start working on the page, but it is changed when I'm done, so I change it back to 800X600) I just can't figure out why that would make my image copy itself on the page.
    Is there a way I can have someone look at it without my publishing it?

Thanks in advance,
    Pam
    changeinrooms.com
    Pam

www.changeinrooms.com

Re: seeing double in preview

If you have items outside of the 600 height, you can't tell the page 600. I would leave the height to adjust itself as you work, but be very careful to keep items inside the 800 before you select it for width, also.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

I went to recreate the page again, and all was fine...I thought.
      It seems that if I open the html code box and then copy and paste after right clicking on the page to insert it into the html box, that is when my "text box" doubles.
      Is there a way to delete a section of the html so that it doesn't read it twice for that "text box"?

I hope this makes sense.
      Pam
      Pam

www.changeinrooms.com

Comment

I went and recreated the page .
        This time I didn't mess with the page height at the end, and all seemed fine.

But when I added my html box, I right clicked to copy and paste into the html box, that seemed to cause the problem of my "text box" doubling in the preview. It's weird, because when I close the preview page, the page I am actually working on looks fine.

Is it a repeat in the html code since it is a cloned page?
        Pam

www.changeinrooms.com

Comment

WHat are you putting in the html box? You don't need it to publish the page - it's for adding elements TO the page.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Well I guess that would explain why it's doubling itself; I'm telling it to!
            So sorry, as i've mentioned in other threads, I'm learning a whole new language here, I simply misunderstood the need to put a html box on my page.
            Thank you for your understanding and patience.
            Pam

www.changeinrooms.com

Comment

Working...
            X