PDA

View Full Version : Editing Joining Date in PHPBB Forum

Ramkumar
02-09-2007, 01:53 AM
Hi,

How to edit the joining date in PHPBB forum ??? I'm the moderator in my forum but my joining date is somehow wrongly set as Jan-1-1970 during forum installation. But now I want to correct this. How do I do that ? Please advice.

www.msvtimes.com/forum (http://www.msvtimes.com/forum)

Thanks.

Aliens Anonymous
02-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Right this might be a bit complicated. if you know how to manualy change your database you'll be ok.
Back Up Your DataBase before making any changes.
i take it that in your admin panel the start date is also wrong. so we will start with that. Copy and paste this into notepad.

update phpbb_config
set config_value = unix_timestamp('2007-02-02 12:00:00')
where config_name = 'board_startdate'
Change the date to the date you started your forum, save as sql into a place you can find it. Now go to your Cpanel and click mysql when the page opens scroll right to the bottom and find phpMyAdmin and click.
now on the page that opens on the left you will see a dropdown box click the arrow and select your forum and page will open. along the top you will see a tool bar
Structure SQL Search Query Export Import Operations CLCIK THE Import link, on the page that opens you will see a text box with Location of the text file on one side and a Browse button on the other, click the browse button. find the sql file you saved earlier press ok, that file location is now in the text box. Now in the bottom right corner there is a GO button click it, wants it has finished close down and logo out of cpanel and check the admin of your forum you will see the date has changed.

Do this first then come back and i will post how to change the user start date. have to go shop now so will be about a hour.

Ramkumar
02-10-2007, 11:12 PM
Thank you so much Aliens!!!

Step by Step explanation.... Worked perfect!

Waiting for your instructions to correct my join date!

Regards,
Ram

davidundalicia
02-11-2007, 02:05 AM
Worked for me as well........nice one Alien

Waiting for the next step !!

Aliens Anonymous
02-11-2007, 02:16 AM
Ok what i've done is put this part on my forum HERE (http://www.angies-cyberscripts.org/forum1/viewtopic.php?t=73) as i have add some images so you know what to look for. you have done the first part. so start from the dancing smilie.

davidundalicia
02-11-2007, 02:42 AM
Many thanks Alien.......all done

Aliens Anonymous
02-11-2007, 02:53 AM
Thanks David, I know you did not need the images but it's better explained if using images people can't really go wrong then.

davidundalicia
02-11-2007, 02:58 AM
You done well my friend and will serve anyone who is not familiar
with databases..................

I have never touched BB´s before, so I am on a fast learning curve.

Will probable snich some ideas off of you.......................

Aliens Anonymous
02-11-2007, 03:01 AM
Anytime

Ramkumar
02-11-2007, 01:00 PM
Worked! Great!

Thank you, muchhh !!!

Blue Voda Rules !

Aliens Anonymous
02-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Omly to glade to help.

BLK306
02-14-2007, 02:56 AM
Thanks! I've been wondering how to do that for a while now.