IP & Google question??.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP & Google question??.

I have read that Google are not lovers of domains linking to each other, with the same IP address. I assume this is to stop link farms setting up lots of websites on one server & making it look good for sites linking to each other.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Re: IP & Google question??.

I don't know for sure, and I may be wrong ... but I would only think they are not referring to the same ip addy that you are referring to ... I would think this would relate to say, if I had 5 domains all linking to each other will all the exact same content (site mimicing, I guess) .... that is what comes to my mind, but like I say, I could be wrong ... just my own thoughts ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi lady, I’m not sure on this one either. It just struck me that if 2 sites are on the same IP, will Google know that they are not related to each other & if so how?
      It was only a thought & didn’t want to place my name on other sites & unknowingly be doing myself harm, rather than good.
      Maybe Larry Page is reading this thread & will leave a answer. Lol.
      Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hey Chris

Yeah, I agree ... I'll be watching and hopefully we'll get some confirmation ... definitely interesting eh. Good point you have brought up ... Eye'll keep an "Eye" lol ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

No need to worry...............
          If google started to penalize Host providers we would all be in the cart.

Several of my sites have many links to other vh users and google keeps picking them up and that improves my status as well.
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

What Google will notice - is if you try to have two of the same sites - and if those 2 (or more) sites are on the same IP - there is more of a chance that they will believe they are duplicate sites and you could lose ranking and being found in the search results for one (or all) of them.

The se's do NOT like duplicate sites. It's why unique content is so important. And it's also why you won't normally do better to have multiple sites doing the same thing - instead, focusing on one site that does it the best - will work out better.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Google is fully aware that shared hosting providers have 100's of sites on single servers and does not care, because the IP is only part of the picture, Google also checks the whois information (domain name ownership details) and sees that, yes there are 100's of sites on the server, but the domains of these sites are owned by different people from every corner of the planet, Also each server has the host name of Voda#.VodaHost.com which google is fully aware is a shared hosting company, so again it does not care....Saying that...If you sleep better having your own dedicate IP address, click the below link...

https://vodahost.com/modernbill/order/orderwiz.php?v=5

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I'm so glad you care how well people sleep at night.

Have you finally got some sleep yourself? ;)
                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

I try...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Now there’s an explanation that answers the question fully. (Thank you General)
                    On the dedicated IP part. No problems sleeping! But thank you for your concern .
                    Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I saw an interview with Matt Cuts a few weeks ago and he explained that where the trouble would start is if people were auto generating duplicate sites that are all interlinking all of the pages. He took some effort to clarify this and I was a bit relieved that my sites will be OK unless I get really carried away. I'll see if I can find the video and post a link to it.
                      Affordable Medical Insurance
                      Discount Dental Plan
                      Washington State Health Insurance
                      Temporary Health Insurance
                      Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

But, Motoxx - your sites are different - what you need to be wary of is copying text from one to another.
                        Google will eventually read that and consider it duplicate content. It's also one reasons why you see lots of "supplemental results" on Google now.
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Yes Bethers my sites are different but I do copy content from one to another often because it is much easier! Duplicate content is OK if it is contained within the same site according to Mr.Cutts. The multiple sites with the same IP address can become a problem if the page count gets very high and all of the site pages are containing links to all of the other sites pages. This is where Google begins deteriming the "Link Farm" factor and sites can be punished for this. Wish I could find that darn video......
                          Discount Dental Plan

Comment

My question on this is I have built another site just dedicated to my book, which is really just testimonals, sales page and a bit about me. I have done this for one or two reasons. In my stats I see people are looking for the title of my book 'At Last a Life' , this phrase does not always find me, or maybe the 4th page.

So I thought I would buy the domain and hopefully they would be taken straight to the book. Also I do very little adsense, arond £30 a month and have no idea if it is working well in sales terms and I was going to direct all my adsense to this site. This gives them what they want and if I change the postage by a little I could track the conversion rate.

Beth did warn me about duplicate content, so I have changed 95% of it, but obviously my name, book title and a couple of testimonals that are on my site are there also.

Will this affect my main site, should I link the two together, any ideas as if to or if not to go ahead. If it may affect my main site which has a very good ranking, I would rather not risk it. The trouble with the main site is it has so much info on it, it can get away from the fact that there is a book for sale and adsense could be wasted.

any advice would be appricated

Paul
                            www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                            The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                            Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                            Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Since you have changed your content that much the duplicate content penalty won't be an issue. What you can do is take your new domain name and forward it to your main page. I usually do this with where the site is registered (I use Go Daddy) and you can then include titles meta tags and descriptions and it can be found by the SEs as a site and not just a domain. The one thing you would be missing while doing something this way is your internal site linking structure that would be relevent to your new domain name. Those internally linking pages with the relevant key words in the domain wouldn't be found relevant by the SE's for the new domain name.
                              Discount Dental Plan

Comment

Working...
                              X