using the GALLERY feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using the GALLERY feature

HiI have tried using the gallery feature and I can do it one photo at a time. I would like to use it more fully as I know there must be a better way than what I am doing.Is there a tutorial on the Gallery feature?Where can I find out how to maximally use it?Thanks,Mindywww.bubbeesbeads.org (or .com)I have used this feature on the bracelets and earrings pages.

Re: using the GALLERY feature

Mindy,
    I don't know of a tutorial on it - but I use it for most of my product pages in some form or another.

I suggest you open it and find how you can do multiple images - it's great for that. If you need help, let me know - but first, open it and play with it - it's pretty easy to figure by playing :)
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

ok, I have tried. I used the thumbnail for my earrings page and bracelet page (I think) it looks great but I am doing it one photo at a time. I tried adding a bunch of photos but didn't know how to size it once it appeared on the page. Perhaps that has to be done on the gallery box, but I can't find where. Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.xoxo Mindy

Comment

OK - let me try -
        First, after clicking to use the gallery - stretch it to be the width you want the pictures to be on the page. Then double click on it. Go down to where it says columns. In that spot you select how many pictures you want to display ACROSS - in the space you just selected for the gallery on the page. Say you want 3 - if you put in 6 pictures, it will do 3 on 2 rows. Since I usually am putting my buy buttons under the picture, I would only put in 3 if that was my selection.

If the pictures are too small in the width you want on the page, then try 2 - if they are bigger than necessary, try 4 or 5.

Example of 5 across: http://www.pinatapalace.com/animalpinatas.html

Example of 2 down: http://www.achildspalace.com/constructionclock.html

For the 2 down, I just put in 1 for how many in the column area - and this one I stretched more lengthwise.

In the 1st example, you'll also see that I allow the title of the pictures to show under the picture. You can do that by highlighting the picture(s) in the gallery box and while it's highlighted change the "title" to be what you want displayed. You won't have a lot of space. Then after you have what you want, click on the text tab - and you need to click "Include Title" - then select the font, size font, color, etc.

On the image side, make sure you've always ticked to "generate thumbnail images" and select that you want the pictures to open in a pop-up window.

Now, you have on the right - the option to add more pictures. Just keep adding for however many you want in that row. The move up and move down will let you change the order they appear if you want.

Let me know if this helps - but using this is wonderful because it will line the pictures up perfectly on the page.

Then, for the next row - if you're going to have more rows - like the pinata page above - here's a trick to make the rows line up easily. Instead of opening a new gallery - use the copy ICON on the BV window to copy the first one. Then use the paste ICON. Now, you just pasted a 2nd copy of the first gallery immediately on top of the 1st one (you can't even see it's there). Click on the gallery and use your arrow keys on the keyboard to move the new gallery straight down - and it will keep the same left and right margins for you (you can do the same if you are using pictures vertically only then you'd use the right or left arrow).

Play with this - then ask more if necessary!
        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

what gallery thing are you guys talking about because it sounds like somthing i need.
          http://www.rampshack.com
          Sliced/Coded/Manged
          Check me out in the gallery look for Josh!

Comment

4th icon up from bottom left side of page - when working on page in BV
            Ann
            www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
            www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
            www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Hmm this is helpful

Comment

Hi

I have a website running with you great people www.tinwolf.co.uk
                I have used the gallery feature on all my pages but the thing I`ve noticed (you`ll probably notice it too if you look at one of the pages e.g. http://www.tinwolf.co.uk/animals.html ) because the browser is having to make the images smaller on the pages, it takes a while to load the page, would selecting "generate thumbnail images" fix this problem?

I`d test this myself but I`m at work and don`t have my login details to publish.

Paul
                Paul
                www.tinwolf.co.uk

Comment

Hi, real handy feature in BV but have a check with other browsers for how it works. In IE it works fine as a pop up. But with fire fox it seems to just open a new window & not a pop up & with opera it’s a bit hit & miss. Let others confer this, just encase its my machine. But with about 30% plus of surfers now using other browsers it may not be the look you are after.

Good luck.
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris

Thanks for that, but if various browsers behave in different ways (Firefox RULES!!) then I need to find another way of having a small picture on the main pages (so loading up quicker) but when you press the picture it opens a new page with the full size image.
                    Any ideas?

Paul
                    Paul
                    www.tinwolf.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by tinwolf
                      Hi Chris

Thanks for that, but if various browsers behave in different ways (Firefox RULES!!) then I need to find another way of having a small picture on the main pages (so loading up quicker) but when you press the picture it opens a new page with the full size image.
                      Any ideas?

Paul
                      Hi Paul, got some nice safety items on your site. Have had a bike for years & this sort of thing is a great idea, even if only on the frame or boxes.
                      On the images part, I am still looking for idea’s for cross browser applications, but there are a lot of very inexpensive & sometimes free photo albums that would make perfectly good shopping carts. This is only an idea & I may find a few problems yet, but for augment sake, this one is free photo album http://www.ornj.net/webalbum/ & this is a free html editor http://www.alleycode.com/
                      I have found that you can generate an album real easy & just use the editor software to add a pay pal button to each image to create a shopping cart. Still work in progress but will post back if it works. It certainly gives a nice presentation. But may not be practical for lots of items?

Cheers.
                      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I`ve found the answer in a previous posting that Bethers answered back in Feb 2006 QUOTE: .....and if you click to generate a thumbnail - it won't take any time at all to open on the page.

Bless you Bethers.

That free photo album on ornj.net looks pretty good Chris, I`ll have to have a look at that.
                        Paul
                        www.tinwolf.co.uk

Comment

This feature is awesome! Loved it and loved your tips and suggestions. It made it so easy to navigate through this.
                          Sherri
                          www.sherrijohnsonministries.com

Comment

As to how it opens the new window - the coding that BV gives the pop up is the same as the other programs give - and it works perfectly for me in Firefox - so not sure why you've had trouble Chris?

I don't go looking for outside programs when I can so easily use what's here and works so well. Yep, if BV doesn't have it - then I do go looking :)
                            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                            SEO - The Basics

Comment

I'm also trying to use this gallery feature to showcase my artwork. I have some questions.

Do you set the alignment to the left or center?
                              What are cell padding and cell spacing?
                              What do you set the "target" at?
                              And what is the prefix and what do you set it at if anything?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
                              X