No announcement yet.

Do I need Fantasico to have word press?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need Fantasico to have word press?

I:m using BV but I want to have wordpress..do I need fantastico to have wordpress for blogs? I know I can go to the wordpress site and get it, but from what I understand, there are a few differences from getting it from the actual word press site to what you get with voda.
    Please help. thank you

Re: Do I need Fantasico to have word press?

No you do not need fantastico, you can install it yourself if you know how, fantastico is a auto scrpt installer that makes life a bit easier. The versions are the exact same.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

great! thank you. Where do I go to get it besides the wordpress website? and is their a tutorial on it somewhere?

Comment

If you have a VodaHost account, you can install WP by going to your Cpanel, looking for Fantastico (big blue smiley face), opening Fantastico and looking for "Blogs" on the left hand side. Choose Word Press and follow the instructions.

If you do not have a VH account, you'll need to download it from the wordpress.org site, but there would be little point in doing so if you don't have a place to publish it.

If you have a VH account but feel a strong, compelling need to install WP on your own (no need for that, General VodaHost has already pointed out that both versions are the same, but it's your call), you'd download WP to your pc, upload it to the directory you want on the server and then follow the installation instructions.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
        X