Removing Flash Borders On Mouse Over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Flash Borders On Mouse Over

I have added some Flash graphics to my new site www.platinum-beats.com and have noticed that when you move the mouse over the flash graphic, a grey border appears. You can click on the flash and the border does not appear again until you reload the page and then it shows again. I believe this is only an Internet Explorer problem, it does not occur in say Firefox for example and I have read that Microsoft had to force this due to some legal reason. However it looks very unsightly, especially on dark backgrounds. I have read that there is a Javascript solution to this but I do not really understand how to solve this problem. There are sites viewed through Explorer that do not have this Flash border problem... Can you please help to solve this problem as soon as possible as I may have to re-think the site if it cannot be solved.

Regards

Paul Rudd
    www.platinum-beats.com & www.quazarproductions.net & www.minipos.co.uk

Re: Removing Flash Borders On Mouse Over

I have found a fix!!!!!

You can add a small javascript file to your web directory and then add a single javascript line to each page and vavavoom! No more borders or Activation requests for Flash images or controls!

Anyone needs to know the solution contact me.

Rudders

Comment

I'd be very interested in solving this problem. I don't know much about javascript, but I need to remove that nasty border for a client and haven't been able to find a way to do it until now. I hope you can help me.

Donna

Comment

Hi Donna,

This solution works a treat and I know nothing about Java!

I have attached a Zip file called ieupdate.zip. Unzip this file and you will have two files the ieupdate.js which should be transferred to your index page of your web site and the ieupdate.txt file which contains the text you need to add each pages html. Adding the text is done in Page Properties / Html and add to Bottom of Page.

This is an internet Explorer fix and works for me every time. Have a look at www.minipos.co.uk and www.westernrecordings.com to see flash without the silly box!

Hope I have helped,

Regards

Rudders
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi I downloaded the zip file because I have this same problem, however it only contains one file (ieupdate.js). Can you please upload or tell where I can find the zip with both files. Thanks much.
          http://www.sadada.com
          http://www.elmescommunications.com

Comment

Hi sorry, the Java Script (text file) should have been contained in the zip.

This is the Java Script you need to add to the html of each page with flash:

</div>
            </body>
            </html><script type="text/javascript" src="ieupdate.js"></script>

Let me know how you get on?

Regards

Rudders

Comment

Originally posted by Rudders View Post
              Hi Donna,

This solution works a treat and I know nothing about Java!

I have attached a Zip file called ieupdate.zip. Unzip this file and you will have two files the ieupdate.js which should be transferred to your index page of your web site and the ieupdate.txt file which contains the text you need to add each pages html. Adding the text is done in Page Properties / Html and add to Bottom of Page.

This is an internet Explorer fix and works for me every time. Have a look at www.minipos.co.uk and www.westernrecordings.com to see flash without the silly box!

Hope I have helped,

Regards

Rudders

Not to put a downer on you but the box's are still their on both those links.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudders View Post
                Hi sorry, the Java Script (text file) should have been contained in the zip.

This is the Java Script you need to add to the html of each page with flash:

</div>
                </body>
                </html><script type="text/javascript" src="ieupdate.js"></script>

Let me know how you get on?

Regards

Rudders

if your going to use the ieupdate.js
                then the javascripts needs to be right after the very last flash object tag as so.

</embed>
                </object>
                <script type="text/javascript" src="ieupdate.js"></script>

and not after the body tag.

Comment

Hi thanks for the help but am still having a problem. for the script, I opened one of those javascript boxes on the bluevoda page >
                  opened up the downloaded .js file in notepad and copied and pasted the script from that .js file into the javascript box on the bluevoda page.
                  when i preview, the box/border is still there.

What did I do incorrectly? (yes I added the .txt file at the end of the body in the HTML as instructed).

Comment

Hi, I have not had any problems with this solution and all that I have done is to add the ieupdate.js file to my index.html page by transfering the file using the file transfer manager and then adding the javascript text to each page. I have not opened the .js file just left it in the index page file list.

I have done this with several sites and it has worked fine for me. Again let me know if you are still having problems or if you succeed!

Cheers

Rudders

Comment

Yipeee, I got it done. I used the file upload manager like you said and it worked like a charm. Thanks soooo much!

Comment

Hello there,

I have read all of your postings but am still having troubles with this issue. I am very very new to this and would like some help. When i download the unzipped file it only contains 1 file inside. Where do i save the file when i dowload it and how do i get this to work? I read that once this is all downloaded we have to add the script to the bottom of each page? In page hotmail in page properties? Did you mean the end of each page?

Comment

Working...
                        X