text assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• text assistance

Hi Guys, I'm having a little bit of a problem with a site that I completed a while back. My client asked me to make a change to one word on the page and I basically had to put all of the images back on to the page because for some reason they weren't there anymore. Is there a way to avoid all of this? Some kinda script that I'm supposed to be using, because that's a lot of work to do that everytime when you only want to maybe change the price of a product and publish. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Help!!!!!

For me, the happens when I have moved my images to another place in my computer, and then the original pathways are no longer valid - hence, the little red x's.
    Could this be the problem for you?
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Re: Help!!!!!

I decided to figure this out on my own and I think I've found a solution. I'm linking the pictures to the server as oppose to a place on my computer. So where the Image Properties filename would read "c:/blahblahblah", it read "/nameofpicture". Does that make sense to you?

Comment

Re: text assistance

probably makes sense. Wherever you link them to, you must make sure they contimue to reside there, or when you publish bv can't find them, as it will follow the path you originally set..
        Liz
        www.sebastopolparty.com
        www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

exactly, this way, as long as the client continues to host with vodahost, they will always have their files. The pictures are not coming from my c drive, but rather, their server. I've published and this method seems to be working great. Which means, I have a lot of work on my hands, so I must go now.

Comment

Yes, this works good.

But you could also make changes from the cpanel for those minor text changes - then it wouldn't matter.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

really? explain that to me, please...making changes through c-panel

Comment

Working...
              X