Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• automatically deleting duplicate email addresses

Hello,

FMP has been working well for me. I am actually getting people to sign up for my newsletter and free story time resource kit. I would like to know if there is an automatic way to delete duplicate email and names from the data base. I have been deleting them by hand. Some people come back two or three times and have to enter their email again to get to the hidden page. I probably need a log in/password page but I don't want to play around too much because I don't want to disrupt the system at this time. I am expecting an increase in traffic and worry about down time as I try to figure it out.
    Thank You for any suggestions
    moviemedic

Re: automatically deleting duplicate email addresses

Hi, are you transferring your FMP database to your email address book? (via XL) As there should be a don’t duplicate address box to tick.
    Not sure if it can be done directly in the FMP database though. (Would be nice to find out).
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris,
      Thanks for the reply:). I am not sure what XL is. When the notice comes to my email I look at it but I don't add it to my email address book, I use thunderbird on a mac and unless I am not getting it, I have to type the emails in by hand, so I don't do it. I am getting ready to use an email provider to send out my mailing list so they might have automatic deletion service. I am still researching and learning. What I do now is go to my FMP data base and look then delete the duplicates. This is time consuming.
      moviemedic

Comment

Hi, I’m not sure on Macs? But do you not have Excel on Macs, or some sort of spread sheet? If so! With FMP you can go into your data storage area (assuming you set this up) & export/download your database in CSV format to a spreadsheet & from there add or take out what you want & place into your address book. I haven’t got round to fully working this one out yet, but I know it can be done. And with most address books you can select duplicate address or not when importing.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Or, you can have a script that will look into the FMP database, and if it finds duplicate emails addresses / names, it will delete one.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I did figure out how to export my data with csv to my excel file. I have not been able to get the list directly into my email address book. I am interested in the script to use in the FMP. I am not sure how that works. Is the script somewhere in the software?
            moviemedic

Comment

No, i meant a custom made script. There is no such script available either in Fantastico or in this forum.
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Would I go to your DBT technology site to see about buying a script?
                moviemedic

Comment

Excuse me I meant dbtechnosystems.com
                  moviemedic

Comment

Yes, i will answer though after 5 - 6 hours as it is 00:30 here . Ok ?
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                    X