No announcement yet.

Where to put my text on linked pages???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to put my text on linked pages???

Hello, O.K., I have created my first page and I was able to (for the most part) make the links on my images & text. But, I cannot figure out where to put in my information on the pages that are linked from the home page. I. E. Where do you put your text for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, page ect....
    Example: Home Page---Contact or Forum--both of these i have to open up in a New Window (Blank) but where do i go and HOW do I go to fill in those pages???
    Thank you.....

Re: Where to put my text on linked pages???

File, New Page. Then you save it with it's new name, i.e. "about_us" or "products" etc. You can also create a page, with most of the elements that will be in all your pages, as logo, menubar etc. Save As Template, with whatever name you like, then when you want a new page, you can Open From Template, and just make any changes that you want and save with the actual name.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you; Navaldesign, that does clear that up. One question..I'm not quite sure if follow all the way. I made the link page like: http://mywebsite.com/pageone.html and it created the link. When i open a "new page" and i give it a name, if i want that page to be "pageone" (the page I created the link for) would have to give it the same name?

Comment

Originally posted by IBNRASHID
        Thank you; Navaldesign, that does clear that up. One question..I'm not quite sure if follow all the way. I made the link page like: http://mywebsite.com/pageone.html and it created the link. When i open a "new page" and i give it a name, if i want that page to be "pageone" (the page I created the link for) would have to give it the same name?
        Hi

You can only have one page each by the same name.

Name your page (pageone) save your page (pageone) publish your page (pageone) the link for your page would be http://mywebsite.com/pageone.html

Next page

Name your page (pagetwo) save your page (pagetwo) publish your page (pagetwo) the link for this page would be
        http://mywebsite.com/pagetwo.html

Each page must have it's own unique name and be saved and published in that manner.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ahhh... I see, so I have to save and PUBLISH each page and then they would all link together. Thank You!!! best regards..

Comment

yw ... good luck

Another tip though ....

If you could name, save and publish your pages, by another name, (instead of pageone, pagetwo, etc.) it would be much better for search engines. If you could name the pages relative to the content of each, it would be better ... do you know what I mean?? This would apply to all other pages other than your index page. That has to be named, saved and published as index - this is your landing page for your url.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ahh, I thought as far as SEO was concearned, the METATAGS listing took care of that. I did not know that the naming of each page played a roll in the SEO. Now that i think about it, it does make sense and i does explain that somewhat in the toturials. I think I'm getting confused with naming the link and naming the page the link is for. I named the links pageone ect.. but i named the page sugar obesity ect...as it conforms to the content of the website.
              So I publish each page as independants, and on my Home (index) page, there would be a "LINK" that i made to open in a new window (blank) and that new window would be the page i made (sugar obesity ect..) and that page opened from the "LINK" I made named (pagetwo ect..) Right??

One more thing... what would you name the link (home) so if your on page three and want to go to the home page(index)?

Comment

Ahh, I thought as far as SEO was concearned, the METATAGS listing took care of that. I did not know that the naming of each page played a roll in the SEO. Now that i think about it, it does make sense and i does explain that somewhat in the toturials. I think I'm getting confused with naming the link and naming the page the link is for. I named the links pageone ect.. but i named the page sugar obesity ect...as it conforms to the content of the website.
                So I publish each page as independants, and on my Home (index) page, there would be a "LINK" that i made to open in a new window (blank) and that new window would be the page i made (sugar obesity ect..) and that page opened from the "LINK" I made named (pagetwo ect..) Right??

One more thing... what would you name the link (home) so if your on page three and want to go to the home page(index)?

Yes, it is easy to be confused with naming the page to publish and titling the page ....

Naming the page is for publishing and it is what you name, save and publish your page as ...

The page title, is the title you give your page in the pop up box when you right click on your page and choose properties. The title of your page there for the index page - could be the name of your website for instance, or what your website is about. This title is what is seen in the bottom part of your screen, on that lower tool bar. The url of your page - the http://www.yourdomain.com/nameofpage.html is what you see in your address bar at the top of the screen .....

You should have a navigation bar in place on all of your pages ... so that a user can go from one page to another from all pages of your site.

The names on the navigation bar (buttons) should reflect what your pages are about ... example - if you have a page of sales, on the button it should say sales, if you have a page to contact you, on the button it should say contact you, if you have a page of locations, on the button it should say locations .... try and keep this relevant to each page content. See what I mean??

Usually it is called home on the navigation bar for your index page. But the title of your page should be more than that, should say what your site is or is about.

And unless you have the navigation bar (buttons) on all pages, the viewer won't be able to get back to the other pages, right? - See - look at your site as something like a "map" to all pages ... steer viewers in the right direction to find your content, make it easy for them to go through your site and back to something they may want to review again ... right?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thank you, you see i didn't even know about the navigation bars. That was the missing *link*, (that was terrible) Thanks again...i'm off the work..

Comment

Thank you, you see i didn't even know about the navigation bars. That was the missing *link*, (that was terrible) Thanks again...i'm off the work..
                    yw ... and Good Luck

if you notice, in my signature, you will see blue voda site building tips, click that, there is a pdf document that tells you a little more about having the same navigation and look on all of your pages. I hope this helps you, and as you read that, you will see how it helps your site.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thank you LadyEye, yes, I was looking at your site and I want to read that again. It seems to be very informing and it seems like you make it even more easy to understand. ONE PROBLEM left so far:
                      The Website that I am working on is CHILDHEALTHLINKS.COM and when I type it in I get INDEX OF/ and the parent directory ect... Did I name something wrong?
                      It said that it was published (yes, the download 8.0 worked) and my Name Server is pointed to vodahost.?

Comment

For your landing page www.childhealthlinks.com

You need to name, save and publish your opening (main or home) page as

index

all small letters and nothing else ....

Then you will come to the page you made as your main page ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thank you...I cannot get it to work. I righted clicked on the page and named it index. I then went to file and saved as index. Then I went to the navigation bar and saved as index. I even checked whois and it said the website is active. It also got published with no hassle. I'm trying to understand why I get what I get when I type in http://childhealthlinks.com.
                          I know i must be doing something wrong. At first I named the page indexchild1 then when you told me just index and I changed it. I deleted the indexchild1 but it is in the recycle bin. Do i have to delete it from there as well. Perhaps that may be the problem or perhaps I cannot erase the first name i gave it???

Comment

Oh goodness, sounds like you titled your page index as well ... you can change that later .... but that is not the problem

If you named your page and saved it as index and republished it - it should be working ...

Did you just transfer this domain over to Voda Host??

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I think i transfered it about 2 days ago, maybe friday or saturday.

Comment

Working...
                              X