Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting a Template Length

Evening All,

I've got a bit of a problem that I don't know if there is a solution for or not.

I've taken one of the free templates for BlueVoda and I am customizing it for my site. Here's the problem:

1. I have a home page that is short but additional pages will vary in length.

2. The template I'm using is from s1 image m219a. It has a top border that I have added a custom image.

3. The problem I need to fix is this. When you size the template in length the top border section lengthens also. This means it would not be consistent in size from page to page and thus my image would also have to change in size, something I don't want. I only want to be able to lengthen the bottom of the template. There doesn't seem to be a away to do this for each page.

4. My option seem to be either to take the template image into a paint program, open a longer new image, color the back ground to the same ground color which happen to be white. Then open the original, do a copy and paste it into the new image. This means I would end up creating a new page template for any page that needed to be a different length. I'd rather not have a different template for each page, to me that defeats the purpose of a template.

Anyone got any suggestions.

Thanks,
    Suzy

Re: Adjusting a Template Length

Hi there

This is what I did ... (Red Green Style) someone else may have another suggestion. But it's almost what you are saying ...

I took the template into adobe, or whatever program you use
    and I chopped off the header from the text areas ... so I in fact had two images ... then just inserted both on the page, and for the longer pages you just stretch the text area portion, your header will always stay the same and the bottom piece can be adjusted accordingly ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X