Installing a Logo from the templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing a Logo from the templates

I downloaded the free logo's into Photoshop and changed the text to my company name. I saved it then as a jpg but when I went to load it into my website the text was very faint and I could hardly read it. What did I do wrong. Also when I have gone to start a new webpage and loaded in a colour into the background, when I have printed it off,it prints off the colour as well which is not good for someone downloading, is there a way I can have the visual colour on the website on the computer but when I print off it is just white?

Re: Installing a Logo from the templates

1 -check on your logo is the size of the image and the resolution.

2 -when you save it, click save for web, or you can use the save as jpg if you are confused on save for web.

3 - open the file you saved as jpg in photoshop

4 - click the zoom tool or click Z in your keyboard

5 - rignt click in the image

6 - click view actual pixel

that's how it's gonna look like in your web page in that size without loosing the quality.

NOT happy with what you see? send me references to my e-mail, and I'll see what I can do.

With printing stuff, can you be more specific and give more details? I just didn't get exactly what you mean.
    The Producer

Comment

Originally posted by Nite Producer
      1 -check on your logo is the size of the image and the resolution.

2 -when you save it, click save for web, or you can use the save as jpg if you are confused on save for web.

3 - open the file you saved as jpg in photoshop

4 - click the zoom tool or click Z in your keyboard

5 - rignt click in the image

6 - click view actual pixel

that's how it's gonna look like in your web page in that size without loosing the quality.

NOT happy with what you see? send me references to my e-mail, and I'll see what I can do.

With printing stuff, can you be more specific and give more details? I just didn't get exactly what you mean.

thanks, i will try that with the logo, and see how i geton, with printing stuff sorry not specific enough. I laid out a page on the site and wanted to see what it would look like if i printed it off. I put a cream coloured backpage to the website and when I printed it off it came off with a cream background as opposed to just white paper. If I had put in a black background would it have printed off a complete blackpage?

thanks

Comment

Going back to the logo, when I look at the image size in photoshop it says it is 640 x 480 pixel size.what size should i make it for a logo. and do i just hide the layer that has the template words and then install my own company name

Comment

Alright, there is 2 options, depends how far you are planing to go with your logo.

1 option : if you you think that one day you will be printing that logo in T-shirts "maybe", billboard or brochure, I mean High Resolution stuff, you better place your logo in illustrator if you are familiar with it, and redraw it from scrach, that will help you to scale the size as much as you want "if you need detailed specifications about this procedure let me know"

2 option : if you are thinking, well, you will just use a business online for now and I'll worry about big printing later, here's the deal, so you said 640x480 pixels, it's for sure at 72 dpi at least, "you know where that resolution mentioned below the sizes when you open image size", it says resolution : should be at least 72 pixel/inche

if the sizes are so, you are so fine you don't need it bigger than that.

the matter of it why you don't see it properly when you place it, is that you might be scaling it in BlueVoda, don't do that, try to test it first in BlueVoda how big in your page you want it to be, and then put the size you want at photoshop, save as gif or jpeg and then place it as it is in BlueVoda.

Let us know what happens with ya.
          The Producer

Comment

what is the normal size suitable for a logo to add to letterhead paper or into a website?

Comment

Working...
            X