Critique please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critique please

Hello...with some help from various ranking officers of the BV militia, I have finished my website.

I would appreciate any criticisms, feedback, whatever. The site has a kind of static feel to it....more like a magazine layout. I don't know if this is a bad thing or not.

One improvement I can think of right now would be a proper menu at the beginning. I had one there but I didn't like the clutzy-ness of it, so I decided to keep it all very simple. Maybe I should rethink that notion.

Please note that the aim of this site is to support advertising in selected newpapers in Europe and the US. I am not concerned about getting traffic from search engines since I want to target the market and am not interested in casual searchers.
    Thank you for any feedback.
    Innaphog

Re: Critique please

Hi Innaphog,

Even though the photos are big the download is quick, which is good. The colors are nice and the text is easy to read. The width of your pages are quite wide, people will have to scroll to the right and most find it a turn off. The only thing I would suggest is to decrease your page width to 800 pixels, this way your site will fit all browsers.

The photos are beautiful.... it makes me want to pack up and move to Spain.
    Naturally Yours,
    Dori
    www.earthelixirs.com
    www.earthelixirsinc.com
    www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
    www.virtualdesigndiva.com
    www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Hi Dori...

Thank you. I think the width problem is a browser issue. I think I can get it down to 900 pixels wide...otherwise I must resize the pictures. I find if you view it in full screen (no bookmark, favorites sidebars) it works ok for me and a couple of friends. But you're right, I don't like to scroll across either. I'll tweak it a bit more.

thanks again!
      Innaphog

Comment

I like it the way it is, it leads me step by step and gives me the itch to
        know what the price is...............
        If I didnt live in Spain, I would certainly think about your property in France.
        Its a Gem, and I also think that it will be snapped up pretty quickly.
        It took me 4 months to sell a property through one of my websites, so good luck...............
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

The pictures are beautiful, the pages load fast, but I quit looking because of the no navigation. I wanted to see something again - didn't want to have to play with back to find it then forward through what I'd already seen to get to where I hadn't. That's a real turnoff for me on this site.

I'd suggest that you mute the orange a tad - either darker or lighter. I feel that it detracted from the beautiful pictures (and I love orange).

You need to title each page - with a title appropriate for that page.

I don't have a problem with the width, just so you are aware, that while it is an individual browser issue, if someone has their browswer set to 800 wide, they won't be seeing your entire page. As long as you stay under 1024, the majority of surfers will get the entire page, though. So that is a personal decision for you to make.

Great job.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Agree with the above. Nice site, colors are o.k.. nice place, comfortable and well located.
            Choco777
            www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Beth: thank you for your comments. Re giving a title to each page...what do you mean exactly? (something in the URL...or on the page itself...or?)

I assume a menu bar would make the navigation easier. However, does this have to appear on each page?? I'm trying to keep button n'bows to a minimum here.

Orange...couldn't agree more. Was striving for a muted pumpkin. Obviously I'm not there yet.

Thanks to u2 Choco.

Innaphog

Comment

Great Job, I loved the photos and are ready to move from Florida. Good Luck!
                Sharon Chajin

Comment

I liked the photos but the navigation changing on each page was a bit confusing. The main pic on th eindex page took a while to load but the other pics were fine.

Nice job.
                  Affordable Medical Insurance
                  Discount Dental Plan
                  Washington State Health Insurance
                  Temporary Health Insurance
                  Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Nice job.
                    Bill
                    www.blueearthtea.com
                    www.ftaaconsulting.com