This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valentine's Virus Threat

If you are expecting to receive new age valentines in the form of email – security experts warn they may contain a somewhat nasty surprise.

US security company PandaLabs is warning PC users to be on guard against any romantic messages received by email as they may contain malicious code. The company has warned of the Nurech.A worm which appeared last week which hides in emails with subjects like: "Together You and I," "Til the End of Time Heart of Mine." The name of the attached file, the malware is always an executable file and has names such as flash postcard.exe or greeting postcard.exe.
    Other malicious codes PandaLabs says is currently infecting users include Nuwar.D. This worm arrives in messages with subjects like "5 reasons I love you" or "A kiss for you."
    "As Valentine's Day approaches this year we are already seeing a proliferation of computer threats and spam using this lure. As a general rule, don't open any suspicious email, regardless of what is says it contains. Instead of going on instincts, let a security solution decide whether it's safe to open it or not," says PandaLabs technical director Luis Corrons.
    Similarly, PandaLabs warns online shoppers to be on guard when buying Valentine's gifts online, claiming there is an increase in phishing attacks around this period.
    "In order to avoid phishing attacks, don't click on links that arrive by email, but instead type the address directly in the browser's address bar. Since no banks request account details via email, any message that does so must be treated as phishing, no matter how authentic it looks," Corrons said.

http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Computi...pport/N7A4S8T6

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Re: Valentine Virus Alert

Thanks for posting the info LadyEye... always good to be on the look out!
    Naturally Yours,
    Dori
    www.earthelixirs.com
    www.earthelixirsinc.com
    www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
    www.virtualdesigndiva.com
    www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Re: Valentine Virus Alert

Good info and current as well.............good on yer Ladyeye
      Have fun
      Regards..... David