Mandatory fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandatory fields

Hello, I am very new to Voda Host. I just finished creating my website and published it also. However,how do I make the information that is required to be mandatory fields. As for entering city's and provinces do I have to add one by one ? is there set template for it ?Also, my website is only one page website how do I make it to go to next page if someone hits the NOW button under TAKE ACTION?
    Thank you !

My client id # 12987
    www.mybusinesschoices.com

Re: Mandatory fields

Ok, you have some problems here.

1. You have NO form in your page. You only have the fields, but there is no form.

2. The names of the fields are mistaken. Most of the names are missing. The dropdowns are all named "Choose One" while they should have been named "Time_commitment" "Capital_to_invest", "How_ready_are_you" etc.

3.Not being there any form, there is also not any Action, Encoding Type, or Method.

You first need to fix your form, and i suggest that you read again BlueVoda Forms Tutorial Part 1

The fields can only be made mandatory though the script that will process the form info (it can also be done with Javascript, but it would be harder for you to set it up). You can try building this script yourself, by reading the countless posts in this forum, in the forms section, or simply read, and install Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor .

It has mandatory fields and much, much more.

There you will also see that if someone hits the "Now" (submit) button, he will get redirected to whichever page you like. Download it from this location, read the Tutorial in the zip, and install it.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you ! however, I am still lost when it comes to making the fields mandatory. Also, when I go to website myself to fill in all the fields and when I hit submit button it shows the message that it will be sent in email format. I am looking for something that pops the screen or even email or some confirmation as simple as your request has been recieved. I am really lost !

Comment

Then, you are simply NOT using ABVFP. You have your form action set to "mailto:". It will not work this way.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I am using ABVFP, and it took me awhile to find, but right in the directions where it talks about validation extensions, it says that if you want to require a field, all you have to do is add -R to your field name. I tried it and it worked like a charm, even my error page worked properly.

Comment

Working...
          X