X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit button problem

Hello everyone,

My domain- ClanGreenDragoon.com

-Goto JoinUs page and scroll to the bottom of page and click on the Application to join Green Dragoon link, which will take you to the problem.

I made a form which i use as a application to join my gaming clan. The problems are with the summit button, i asked the recruits who were applying, what the problem was. --> 1. They said they were having errors when they pressed the summit button. 2. They were summiting the application and i wasn't getting it. 3. Outlook Express would ask them what there user name and password was.

What i'm trying to achieve is, 1. have it were when they summit, no Outlook Express asking user names and passwords, etc. 1a. Speaking of which, no anything other than they press and forget, and maybe a thanks for applying. 2. When they summit, it goes goes through and i recieve it.

I have tried the summit button, by filling out the application and summitting it to myself and it works, i don't know why not for others!?

If anyone has any idea how to try and help, pls send a step by step procedure. Ill msg back if im still having problems or i all ready did what you said.

Thanks

Re: Summit button problem

You are using the "mailto: " as action for your form, which means that the form tries to email directly the form info to you. Unfortunately this method will only work in a few cases. Im most cases it will either give warning messages, or it will open Outlook Express, with none of the info in it. And there is NOTHING you can do, because it doesn't depend on you, but on the settings that each visitor has in his own computer. Your only solution is to use a php script that will process the form and send you the email. Please read BlueVoda Form Tutorial 1, where this is stated in the very beginning of the text under the tutorial.

You can use the script posted there, or you can use the Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor which provides very cool features, ease of installation and use, and security
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: Summit button problem

Thanks A LOT!!!!! I went to the tutorial and scrolled down and followed the instructions. LOL i didn't realize that i could scroll down on that page, all i saw was the mailto: tutorial. Ya the info under it is exactly what i was looking to create, a application where you click it and it shows a thank you page afterwords and no user name/password to outlook express!!!

Thanks Navaldesign and ALL other Bluevoda ppl for the help....

Comment

Working...
      X