How much is too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much is too much?

Just been working on my site and was wondering if too many pictures look too cluttery. Did I over do it on my models page?
    http://www.mainedigitalphotography.com

Re: How much is too much?

Why don't your make the titles in middle of the page link instead of having the double nav bar, or at least the ones that are duplicated, but all is better, I think.
    Choco777
    www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Nice site, I like your colors, you might consider centering your pages ...

For the models page, you have lots of pics, but maybe you could make a collage out of them, or add borders around them, or you could even try a different layout by bringing some pics to the front of others. I think you could make the page a little more attractive maybe. You could also link each of their pic to their own page of pics, if you had more photos of each ... just a few thoughts for you ...

Overall looks real nice ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Jimmac,
        I like LadyEye's suggestions... it would make the pages less cluttered and more professional looking. If you do not have a lot of pictures per model, think of grouping different themes together creating a portfolio for each.
        It is a tough call because you want to show as many models as you can but you also want your site to look clean and professional. You have a great start... keep working at it.
        Naturally Yours,
        Dori
        www.earthelixirs.com
        www.earthelixirsinc.com
        www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
        www.virtualdesigndiva.com
        www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Takes a bit to load and some of the links to your models do not open, might not be active as yet.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

I suggest you do the models page in one of 2 possible ways -

One would be to put them on using the gallery feature - click for the pics to be thumbnails (page will load MUCH faster) and then also select for them to open in a new window when clicked on (where people can see the larger picture.

Another possibility is to do the page with a slideshow - where as each model's picture passes, if someone clicks on it, the slideshow stops. You can also do a slideshow where when clicked on, it opens in a new window.

I like the slideshow - but if I was looking for a model, I might prefer the gallery feature where I could glance and see them all - even though in smaller versions - and click on all the ones I'd be interested in for a full view.

Just a couple ideas.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

In a simplified answer to your original question, I think that having as many pics on your index page as you currently have does add much too much clutter. I would cut it back considerably and maybe just place a few of your best examples of your work there to entice someone to venture further into your site. As you have it the images take much too long to load and if someone persceives that the whole site may be that way, they may not come inside to see what else you have to offer.
              Affordable Medical Insurance
              Discount Dental Plan
              Washington State Health Insurance
              Temporary Health Insurance
              Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Working...
              X