Domain Transfer Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Transfer Help

I just transferred my domain name (www.stonehilldevelopment.com) from Yahoo to VodaHost webhosting. While I was waiting on the transfer to occur I used Blue Voda to build my site. The transfer said it would take up to 5 days to occur unless the former administrator would not transer the domain. Today is day 5 and I still have had no luck publishing my site. How can I determine the hold up? Is there somewhere I can go to see the status of my transfer? How will I know when I am set to publish? Thanks!

Re: Domain Transfer Help

A whois search shows that your domain is still pointed to yahoo. Go in your Yahoo panel and point your namedervers to your VH account, so, after DNS propagation (usually 24 hrs) your site can get alive. In the mean time, publish your pages to your account, using the IP address you have
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for this info. Of course yesterday when I tried to change my DNS settings on Yahoo, they were experiencing technical difficulties. I sat on the phone with technical support while they tried to change the name servers for me. To make a long story short, I am not sure if it worked. When I go on Yahoo today, I no longer have the option to update my nameservers from my control panel. So something has changed. Can you see what whois says my domain is pointed to now? Once it is pointed to VodaHost should I be able to see my site by just typing in www.stonehilldevelopment.com? Thanks!!!

Comment

Still on Yahoo.

Yes, it will automatically show up, IF you have published your site, and IF you have declared this domain as the main domain related to this acount, when you purchased the account.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

So now I think I am running into a different problem. Yahoo now says I can't change my name servers through them because I purchased the domain through Enom...which I totally do not remember doing. However, my registrant now says VodaHost so I feel like some transfer has occured. I went to VodaHost domains and set up an account to attempt to change my name servers from there but it will not let me do anything to Stonehilldevelopment. I feel like I am making this more complicated than it has to be. Any ideas on where to go from here? Thanks in advance!

Comment

At this point, it seems like the transfer has taken place, so you would need your name servers pointed on VH instead of the Yagoo servers. Please submit a suport ticket explaining the above and ask VH support to point the domain to your account. Please include your domain and your account details.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
            X