Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Newbies and oldies: This is BlueVoda! Please comment...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Newbies and oldies: This is BlueVoda! Please comment...

http://www.domainale.com

Before this I made two pityful sites using yahoo Site Builder and I have to tell you this result is something else! BlueVoda seems to have endless options when you dig little bit deeper. Advanced html is one of them(I've never done a line of html).
    From DomainAle.Com you can actually log in to a website which will give you a FREE tool (download free tool with about 20 nasty effects) that will able you to add terrific text and picture effects to your own site.

Your opinions are much appreciated. I know that if you have slow connection or you use Firefox, there's some mishaps. Also if you don't like too much moving parts, you need to press X or stop in your browser to view the site but I just want to see what majority thinks...? (there's still few dead links there)

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK.

www.planet-360.com It's all over the place!

www.DomainAle.Com Cheers!

www.0-0-9.Com - who called?

Re: For Newbies and oldies: This is BlueVoda! Please comment...

Its rather too busy for my tastes, and Im not quite positive what you do cuz of all the busy, its hard to concentrate.

I also got script errors opening it. If you clean up some of the busy stuff, cuz it looks like a myspace page with a list of domains for sale, I think you might do ok.

This is my personal opinion. If I was looking to buy a domain, it wouldnt be there! I wouldnt stay long enough to figure it out.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Agree with Karen, too busy and too many things moving at once.
      There is also a "false" background that appears first, some sort of gold flame on black.
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hi, got to be a record for the widest web site. You must of moved something before you published. Lol
        Ditto with the above.

Good luck.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Cornuto

Sorry but I have to agree with all of the above, my eyes were darting all over the place Because of the flashing n moving bits, if I came across that site while browsing I would click right back off it.

Also your pages are way to wide, you need to set your page guide lines and page widths, click the link below to fix this.

I like the muted blue colour but the bright blue text on the grey background made my eyes go funny...its very tempting to want to put just about everything on the site when you first start using BV, we've all done it...but remember....less is more.

Overall youve done a great job and have a potentially great looking site .....just need a little cosmetic job :o)...keep tweaking.
          Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
          http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Hi Cornuto,
            Have you ever heard the phrase 'Too much of a good thing...'? I agree with what the others have to say. Your site is way too busy. Not saying that you can't use all the cool effects... but use just a bit on each page. You want people to concentrate on what you are selling not all the bells and whistles you have going on. You have a great site under all of the extraneous stuff....
            Naturally Yours,
            Dori
            www.earthelixirs.com
            www.earthelixirsinc.com
            www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
            www.virtualdesigndiva.com
            www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Dori, says it very well, I ditto her comments....too much to even look at for more comments, spread it around, make reader want to go to the next page or.....You'll get there it takes time and alot of re-doing.
              Choco777
              www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

WOW, Sorry but I have to agree with all of the above.......Very hard on the eyes...
                Sharon Chajin

Comment

Right on! I got similar opinion already from a friend of mine so I'll believe that something must go.
                  A/ you think links down on index page
                  B/blue flashy bars
                  C/something else

I had really bad luck since my laptop was stolen couple days ago and my work was cut off. I've been trying to download these old index page files to my "new old" laptop and it for some reason gives only "the code" and none of the mask stuff (everything is gone since I lost the computer) that I could change stuff.
                  I noticed my "test publishing" mistake and I started to see bananas when I saw the backcode appearing. And there seems to be no way to delete it. I guess it will take an other week or so before new metatags will appear or if someone knows how I can fix this mess...?
                  BIG THX for the feedback.

www.planet-360.com It's all over the place!

www.DomainAle.Com Cheers!

www.0-0-9.Com - who called?

Comment

Prekka,

Personally, I find it rather difficult to comprehend the real conceptual structure of your site. Is it intended for resale of domain names, for purchase of new domains names, or both?
                    Then, you seem to present the site to be a "preferred landing page" or a portal to the web, if you like. Squeeze in the odd mix of "news" and "Forums" and the entire concept is murky and befuddled, in my opinion.

What really got me though, was how it looked like a collection of copied avatars, images, and logos (or logos stripped of their identifiers) that do not link to anything, but are just there. Especially # 29. Look familiar??
                    It is on your site in the exact same scale and crop as is used by a respected company, so it would not be excusable to say it simply came from cyberspace, you know? Since it serves no purpose, it would be not only courteous, but wise to "down it" from your site, right?
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I would have to say it looks quite tacky and busy to the eye, it's hard to keep track of what's going on, where do I look first ...
                      Best regards,
                      Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Working...
                      X