Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally! Its done.

Hello friends,

my site, www.bubbeesbeads.org (or .com) is finally finished, I hope. The revamping is complete and all I have to do is an "about us" page where I intend to have a ball using gifs and jpgs. I'm actually going thru withdrawal.

Okay enuf of that. Please let me know what you think and if you find any typos, mistakes, etc.

Thanks, Mindy

Re: Finally! Its done.

Fantastic Mindy - so much more professional - all links work
    only suggestion I have - how long are the strands on the select a strand page?
    first page - blue bracelet - 5th line down - separate bracelet is
    what about putting a "return to top " button on the bottom of some of the long pages i.e. earrings, necklaces
    on "Elegent Evening Wear" page the
    Made to order" link does not work
    on "Name Jewelry" page where your form is - check your email address there is an x in it? also maybe change cut to copy and paste
    i think i read everything and didn find any more mistakes - did not try all the links on all the pages - you might want to check them
    WONDERFUL JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
    Ann
    www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
    www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
    www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Hi Ann,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review my site. I have made all the corrections you suggested but still can't find what I did wrong so the custom design page won't link from the elegant evening wear page. I do believe all other links work but I'll try them again.

Would you please send me some info as to HOW to do a Return to Top button on the bottom of the page... not sure.

Again, thanks

Mindy

Comment

Mindy,

You're site looks great! The only suggestion I have is you might want to think about increasing the size of the navagation butons. They would be
        easier to read if they were slightly bigger. Love your colors - they really compliment the jewelery.

Take care,
        Marcie
        Marcie
        www.redtractorfarm.com
        www.iloveacorns.com
        www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Hi Mindy

I think your custom page might not work cos you have your link as
          http://www.bubbeesbeads.org/MadeToOrderDesigns.html

It should be http://www.bubbeebeads.org/madetoorderdesigns.html

No Capitols

Also I would go back through your pages and check your widths and center them all, your home page is way to wide and on your Bracelets page which is massively long there is a "buy now" button right down at the very bottom a little to the right, think you must have forgotten to delete it and thats why you cant shorten your page.

Looks really good now Mindy huge improvement from when I last looked ..well done...love the heading banner...;o)
          Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
          http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Awww, Mindy! You have done a wonderful job. WTG, sweetie! I can find nothing other than what our friends have already mentioned. I like the links to your various 'departments', they are neat. Your site looks great. It is a credit to your hard work and testament to the learning curve you've been on. I'm so happy for you. Very, very well done. Have a riot with your About page, lol, you have shown remarkable restraint and deserve to let your hair down and get your 'fix' of fun stuff.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi... thanks to all of you for your most valuable input. And to Amanda, Beth, Ann and Dori... thank you for your knowledge and encouragement. You all knew just when to give me the little push I needed.
              Well...........working on my "About Us" page today......meaning I'm gonna have lots of fun. Be sure to look in a day or two..........

xoxoxo Mindy

Comment

for Return to Top you can just type Return to Top and use the hyperlink and just put in the pages url - or you can maybe use the bookmark feature (in insert) i'v used the hyperlink way
                Ann

Comment

Hi Mindy,
                  Great job.

The bracelets page isn't centering properly.

And now I need you to work a bit on your SEO. First, you want the page description to be totally different on each page. And you do NOT want to use all capital letters in it (see bracelet page) You also want the description to fit the page - on the bracelets page - the description is the same (I think) as your home page (and I just checked - same description is used on the earrings page) - and doesn't even mention bracelets. Go into these and do a short appropriate description about the individual page.

The title on the bracelets page is ok - but could be better - however, the page title on the earrings page is not ok - starting off with an ensemble of - the title should NOT be a description - this could actually be copied into the meta description! The title should be using the pages best keywords that people are using. These titles could be your most important SEO on the site - as far as moving up se's - and you're going to be hurting yourself with the current titles.

On your navigation - you have run some words together - you don't want that - You have MadeToOrder Designs - you should have Made to Order Designs. Same on StPatricksDay - you want St. Patricks Day.

You also are overfilling the meta keywords. Those should be only the real keywords on the page. And you shouldn't be repeating them anywhere. (Actually, the major se's won't use these - but there is the possibility they will take note when they are being "spammed" in them).

You've done such a wonderful job - and I know you think you're done - but I'm gonna warn you now - there is no such thing as any website ever being completely finished. :) It is always a work in progress!
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Mindy,

Looking GOOD, but try to follow their advise. Love your stuff I have found in my travels and helping another lady wonderful and cheap jade of all colors, if you would like the link please send me an e-mail.
                    Sharon Chajin

Comment

This is for Beth..........Believe it or not I think I finally understand what you meant by "description".... it finally sunk in...........please check and let me know if this is what you suggested.

and This is for Ann......Is there a tutorial on doing a "back to top" button?

Thanks............I'm still in there plugging friends....

xoxo Mindy

Comment

Mindy,
                        You did better with the description on the Earrings and bracelets pages (only ones I checked) but now the titles are lacking. You need the titles to really have the good keyword phrases - and on the bracelet page, you completely removed the title.

For example - and I didn't check out your jewelry or the searches - but put in what YOUR earraings are - like: Beaded Earrings - Hoop, Dangle, Chandelier Earrings

Hope this makes sense.
                        Beth
                        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

MIndy - just put a text box - write Back to Top in it place it near the bottom of your page - then highlight the text and go to the hyperlink button it is the 2nd from right on top row of icons (kind oif a green circle with a silver link) open it and type in the URL of that page http://www.bubeesbeads.org/earrings.html or what ever it is if you want you can change the way it looks by editing style i changed my colors and took out the underline http://www.beadedcustomdesigns.com/necklaces.php give it a try i"ll be around most of day off and on
                          Ann

Comment

Mindy

No wonder you are "Beaming with Pride"

Your site is fantastic ... it is really really beautiful!!

What a great job you have done and wow to the wonderful people here in Vodaland that has assisted you on your way.

You are now ready to pass on all your new founded knowledge and web building tricks you have gained to other members in the future!!

Good for you Mindy!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                            02036089024 / United Kingdom
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Ann,
                              Thank you so much for the detailed instructions. It really works!
                              Thanks again
                              Mindy

Comment

Working...
                              X