Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New template = lots of image files ?? Help PLZ

Hi,

I once created my website using a single template that I started with for every page. When uploading each page, every image file that I had on the template was uploaded as a new image file. I had around 15-20 identical button files.

Is this normal or was I doing something wrong ??

Is it better to create pages by copy/pasting en entire page and only change what you need to... and leave the menu bar and the header logo... ??

Thanks for any help!
    Dario
    Free Poker Gifts - http://www.pokerbonusportal.com

Re: New template = lots of image files ?? Help PLZ

Originally posted by drej_06
    Hi,

I once created my website using a single template that I started with for every page. When uploading each page, every image file that I had on the template was uploaded as a new image file. I had around 15-20 identical button files.

Is this normal or was I doing something wrong ??

Is it better to create pages by copy/pasting en entire page and only change what you need to... and leave the menu bar and the header logo... ??

Thanks for any help!
    If you design your page with the templates you want, design header and footer, the nav bars so you have a page with your design the way you want it , minus any content ie; images, text content, video, etc so it's a shell. then use the clone page button in your bluevoda tool bar two make as many identical pages as you want.

Comment

Thanks Alien Dude!

I think it's pretty much easier when you get all your page set up and just copy/paste the parts that you want to be the same on your other page. Although I will switch to clone page because it automatically takes my meta tags and styles to the new page.

Thanks again for your help!
      Dario

Comment

lol ... I suppose we all have our own ways of doing things .. but what I do is this ... I make my "shell" like Aliens says ... and then I call it template ... then every page that I make I open this template, add my content for the page, change the page title, page description, change the wording in the H1 & H2 tags, add different meta tags, (as you should for all your different pages, they should not be the same, they should reflect the content of each page) ... I then save it as the name of my new page and publish as the same ... next page, open template, make meta changes, page title changes, etc., resave as page with the new name and publish, the template remains the same and I do this all of the way through, I find copying and pasting does not work well for me ... ... however, you can get into trouble with "shapes" this way ... but then you resolve that too via Navels way ...

funny eh!! Without a doubt though, we are all "Redgreen" ... duct tape and all ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

What do you mean I can get in trouble with shapes ?? I don't quite get it.

Can se's consider my pages spam because i would always use the same images for all my pages headers and menu bars..

What do you include in your "shell"?? If you include a menu bar it will duplicate the images every time you publish a new page no??? Need some clarifications plz !

And yeah I know that I should change my meta tags for every page but I meant that when you clone your page, you don't have to change your links style and ll of that... anyway just needed to know what do you include in your template... do you get duplicate images as well ?? Is this a big deal if you do? Am I normal lol?? :P

Thanks for your help!
          Dario

Comment

Originally posted by drej_06
            What do you mean I can get in trouble with shapes ?? I don't quite get it.

Can se's consider my pages spam because i would always use the same images for all my pages headers and menu bars..

What do you include in your "shell"?? If you include a menu bar it will duplicate the images every time you publish a new page no??? Need some clarifications plz !

And yeah I know that I should change my meta tags for every page but I meant that when you clone your page, you don't have to change your links style and ll of that... anyway just needed to know what do you include in your template... do you get duplicate images as well ?? Is this a big deal if you do? Am I normal lol?? :P

Thanks for your help!

lol .... Sorry didn't mean to alarm you ... lol

The shapes I am referring to are the shapes that you can use with the site builder - insert shape, rectangle, round rectangle, etc., It's just that at times, if I had one of those shapes on my page, and then I tried to change the color or shape of it, all the shapes of the same would change at the same time ..(because blue voda gives that shape a name, and that name would be carried out throughout my site) nothing really, it probably won't even happen to you ...

No, no, you would not be considered spam using the same images, nav bar, header, etc., on all pages, most of us do that ... one way or another ...

What I include in my shell is - My header, My Navigation Bar, My page layout, (including shapes - that is what I mean by the shapes, if I had a black shape on my page, then on the last page I wanted instead for it to be white, they would all change white, but it would only be a matter of deleting it and re-inserting it again on that last page) ... I also include the links that I place at the bottom .... and I include the html box with my H1 and H2 coding, so that I only need to change the wording in it on each page, each time ....

Have a look, you can see what I mean that I carry it all the way through
            http://www.ladyeye.net

And it's good to do this, as this entire "shell" gets loaded in a viewer's browser and doesn't have to reload each time ... this helps speed things up ...

Not to worry, lol .....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ok I get it !!!

I'm creating a new design for my website and I'm putting a white rectangle shape as background. Depending on a certain page lenght, that shape will vary from page to page... so it wouldn't be recommended that I put that particular shape in my template because if I modify it on page B (I make it longer), the shape will get longer on page A.

Although, if I copy/paste that shape and do not modify its size, the image should stay the same and not load in the browser every time.. right??? But if I modify the shape, it will make a new image and take more time to load ... that sux lol!

Anyway I get what you're saying thanks a lot!!
              Cheers
              Dario

Comment

I've only had problems with rectangle/roundrectangle and colors ... but these shapes are very minimum to load anyway ... so they won't hurt you in regards to load time ... best to try it and see what happens to you, it's really not that big of a problem at all ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                X