Need some help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help please

I just wanted to put up a basic "under construction" page for my site for the time being.

I made a simple page..saved it as index, and then published it. I went to my site on the web just to make sure it was there, and it was.

Then I went back into Blue Voda and made a few changes to it..saved it again as index, and published again.

Now the thing I can't figure out is..when i go back into Blue Voda and "open existing page" I get the page I ORIGINALLY made..not the NEW one with the new elements,however, the new one is the one that shows up on the web when I go to my site!

Very confused......

Edit to add...also when I first open Blue Voda and open existing page if I just mouse over my images folder I see the file names that are in the folder, but if I actually open the folder..there is nothing there.

Re: Need some help please

When trying to view your new published page on the web, try pressing f5(refresh page) a few times because your browser is showing the cached page..................

The second part, I dont quite understand !!
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

I did f5 and refresh many times...the page that I want to show up is there..the latest one..however when I launch into Blue Voda and open existing page..I still get the OLD index page (the one that I made originally, and then updated) I don't understand it..

the other thing i was trying to explain was, when I first open Blue Voda then click "open existing page" a box opens that shows 3 items in it..Images folder...templates folder and Index...if I just put my cursor over the images folder but not click to open it there is text showing me the image file names that are on my published index page...but if I actually click on the folder to open it and view the images..the folder is empty..

Comment

Originally posted by Preston
        I did f5 and refresh many times...the page that I want to show up is there..the latest one..however when I launch into Blue Voda and open existing page..I still get the OLD index page (the one that I made originally, and then updated) I don't understand it..
        I am trying to get my head around what you are trying to do.....
        You keep mentioning BV.
        Where do you want this updated page to show up?
        in BV or on the web?
        When you update and then save a page in BV it will next open in BV with the latest additions showing.

If you want to view the latest additions on the web, you must first publish that page to your website.

At what stage in the above are you having problems?????

Originally posted by Preston
        the other thing i was trying to explain was, when I first open Blue Voda then click "open existing page" a box opens that shows 3 items in it..Images folder...templates folder and Index...if I just put my cursor over the images folder but not click to open it there is text showing me the image file names that are on my published index page...but if I actually click on the folder to open it and view the images..the folder is empty..
        Normally, when you hit open existing page
        a dropdown menu of your directory appears so that you can choose which
        file/page you wish to open. So I dont know whats happening at your end???
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Sounds like you published the new version of your index page but failed to save it before shutting BV down that day. So when you reopen BV, changes aren't there. You'll probably just have to start again from what you have saved in BV. Good luck...
          Marcie
          Marcie
          www.redtractorfarm.com
          www.iloveacorns.com
          www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Originally posted by marciemayer
            You'll probably just have to start again from what you have saved in BV. Good luck...
            Marcie
            That's what I did and it's fine now.

I got so excited about working on my first project, but I've learned a lesson..sometimes you need to walk away for a bit and get some rest then come back to it with a clear head...:)

Thank you both for your assistance....

Comment

Working...
            X