Marqees--3 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marqees--3 questions

Hi, my Vodahost domain is www.jhwm.net. There does not seem to be a tutorial about marquees, and the only one other question I see in this forum about them didn't address the below, so here goes:

I'm designing a page and have inserted a horizontal, text-only marquee. In the Marquee Properties dialog, under "Repeat," I've checked "Continuously." Under "Movement Speed" I have the delay set to 90 and amount set to 6. Under "Behavior" I've selected slide. My questions are:

1) When I preview this page, the marquee does NOT repeat--it plays once and stops. Is that because it's just a preview and not "live"?
    2) I'm not sure I understand exactly what the "delay" and "amount" controls do--please clarify.
    3) What is the difference between "scroll" and "slide"? My guess is that "slide" has a smoother-looking movement but . . . I don't know.

thanks,
    Jim

Re: Marqees--3 questions

Jim,

Im not sure of all the properties, but I see it on your page and it continues for at least 5 minutes. The delay usually controls the speed-you answered yourself there, and scroll versus slide, in scroll it disappears of the page and slide it eventually stops and starts over rather than rolling up like a SCROLL, and I imagine thats why it stops in preview rather than continues on.

Microsoft probably has tutorials on Marquees under FRONT PAGE!

By the way.. I think your site would look better centered!
    <running away quickly to finish my coffee in peace>

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Marqees--3 questions

Karen, thanks for your reply. The page I was talking about is not on my jhwm.net web site (it's a page I haven't published yet, and won't be on that site). But you were right: If you want the message to repeat, you have to select scroll, not slide. I made the change and now it repeats! Thanks again.
      --Jim

Comment

Working...
      X