Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photoshop to BlueVoda Tutorial Part I (save time to convert and save your images)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop to BlueVoda Tutorial Part I (save time to convert and save your images)

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know first, this first part doesn't have anything to do with the Part II coming up soon.

In these tutorials, I will be trying to help BlueVoda and Photoshop users to save time on converting and saving images as quick as possible - This will help people dealing with big range of images. - let's step up :

have you ever heard about the option Action in Photoshop? if so, just skip this tutorial and wait for the next one, if not keep going, you might be missing something good.

I won't waste your time on introductions, I will move on to business NOW:

1 - let say you have a range of 50 images, they are 1000x1000 pixel on 150 dpi and they are Tiff files.

2 - You want to change their sizes to 200x200 pixel on 72 dpi and save them as GIF files.

You can do all of them without repeating the same procedure on each image, on couple clicks, you will generate photoshop to do it for you Automaticaly. - let's do it :

* As an example - Your images are named as 01.tiff , 02.tiff .......... 50.tiff.

1 - open 01.tiff on photoshop.
    2 - click window on the top bar > click Action.
    3 - in the bottom of the pop tool action, there is an icon like a folder, click it.
    4 - name your set whatever you want "by default, photoshop already named it Set 1" > click ok
    5 - now just next to the folder icon you've clicked, there is a layer icon, click it.
    6 - in the new pop up window, name your action whatever you want, but don't touch the set name, "by default photoshop named it as Action 1".

NOW, YOUR PHOTOSHOP IS RECORDING YOUR ACTION YOU WILL BE APPLYING ON 01.tiff.

NB: SOME OF OPTIONS ARE RECORDABLE ON THE ACTION OPTION, SOME ARE NOT.

BE VERY CAREFULL, IF YOU USE THIS OPTION, WHEN YOU SAVE YOUR FILES DON'T CHANGE THE NAME OF YOUR FILES, OTHER WISE IT WON'T WORK, YOU WILL BE OVERWRITTING YOUR 1st FILE OVER AND OVER.

7 - make the changes you want in 01.tiff as image size etc etc. > and save it wherever you want in your drive > close 01.tiff "
    8 - go back to your action pop tool, did you see that there is a red botton there like the one in your video camera? yes, next to it, there is a stop botton > click it.

NOW, you stoped the recording, let's give the other images the same action applyed to 01.tiff.

9 - click file on the top bar in photoshop > Automate > Create Droplet
    10 - in the pop up window click choose in Save Droplet In section > choose where you want to save your droplet > click ok.

NOW, we are ready for ACTION.

11 - open the folder where your droplet Action 1 is, now open your folder where your images are, select them all from 02.tiff ..... to 50.tiff "you can always select 01.tiff, but it doesn't make any difference.

12 - DRAG THEM TO THE DROPLET ACTION 1 YOU SAVED "kind like you are moving them to another folder" but this time to the droplet.

Go, have a cup of coffee, and come back, or better, do some other work in the mean time.

TEST THIS OPTION BEFORE YOU APPLY IT TO YOUR MAIN FILES, IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION, I'LL BE HERE.

Enjoy.
    The Producer
Working...
X