Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redone....me again

Hello!
    Thanks once again for all the wonderful feedback.
    I fixed the spelling errors but can't find where the "add to cart" buttons overlap the words. Also, I followed the directions on page centering. My pages are 800 wide and I don't understand why the navi bars move so far to the right. All pages are centered. HUH????
    Why do websites look so different on different puters? I understand the screen size makes a difference but when I look at my site I can't see some of what others are seeing like the "add to cart" buttons overlaping.....just wondering????
    Thanks once again for all your fantastic help!

Re: redone....me again

The centering really helped alot - looks great!
    I thing there might be several reasons the site could look different, but one usual culprit is fonts. Have you used a web-friendly font for your product descriptions? If not, then when somebody looks at your site and doesn't have that font installed on their computer, their computer will default to a font it does have, and then everything moves.
    have a look at this..
    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/gen...tml#post122484
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

redone once more....

It's that time again for a website check. I finally saw my site on another person's computer and WOW what a difference! I made some font changes and need more feedback. Please let me know what it looks like to everyone! Thanks!

Comment

thanks! the link was very helpful!

Comment

Re: redone once more....

Hi Elena.
          Wow, it is really looking nice! Good Job!
          (and may I add again that I just LOVE your stuff!)
          Only one thing that I think needs attention. The necklaces page loads really slow. I looked at a couple of the picture properties and it looks like they are really 'heavy'. If you changed their size with the picture'handles' instead of using the resizer, they will still load slowly, even though they look smaller.. Look at the weight of them and try to get it down lower with the resizer. An example would be the 'Bib' which is 79,757bytes, and the 'wingin it' which is 1122707 bytes, as opposed to the 'earth', which looks the same size but is only 9707 bytes.
          This will realy help your load time.
          Great work!
          Liz
          www.sebastopolparty.com
          www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Re: redone once more....

thanks once again for your fantastic feedback. Thanks for the compliments on my art as well....It is my passion...besides this website building stuff, lol :)

Comment

Elena,
              Please continue on ONE posting instead of starting a new one. You had 3 different postings for one review just in the last few minutes. One has been deleted and the other will be moved to this thread.

Thanks!
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

thanks Bethers!

Comment

Hi Elena... everything is coming together very well. For centering it has always helped me to check my centering right before I publish a page. If you happen to move elements around while designing a page and you put them outside of your page, that automatically opens the page back up to a wider width. Once you have the page designed the way you want it and are ready to publish, click on the page properties, make sure the centered box is checked and check your width, then publish. Doing this as the last step with any page has really helped my frustration level.
                  Naturally Yours,
                  Dori
                  www.earthelixirs.com
                  www.earthelixirsinc.com
                  www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
                  www.virtualdesigndiva.com
                  www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Working...
                  X