Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Images

Hi
    I have just put up my first website and have been fighting to get my images to resolve, after much fiddling they are there, but if you right click on the image and view properties you will see a file location on my own computer and not on the server. I know this is not right, what am I doing wrong, it looks unprofessional, and is this an unsafe thing to do?

website address is www.pro-poker.biz

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Setting...ges/daniel.jpg

Roger

Re: Images

I'm not seeing the images. If you put them on the BV page - there they will show as the file they reside in on your computer, when you publish, they will no longer show the file location to your computer, but will have the location like this: www.pro-poker.biz/image.jpf for the world to see.

Actually - this is from your site:
    http://www.slimform.co.uk/pro-poker/images/daniel.jpg

but your header and most images are not showing up - so you must have another problem???
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Check Hotlink protection of your site through your Control Panel. Disable it if necessary, or add your site to the list of allowed sites.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: Images Getting desperate

Hi Bethers and all

I am a complete Novice (as if you have'nt guessed)!

I have messed about with this all day with no luck, and used cute ftp to upload the files. I think I really need someone,s expert guidance now to sort it out for me, and then explain what I was doing wrong. I am prepared to pay for your services as I am getting desperate, and I need this site up, or my wife will kill me (all day on the computer again).

Roger

Comment

Navaldesign:

Thanks George I'm having similar RED X problems redoing some images and will try checking hot link protection in CP

Comment

Originally posted by Redwulf
            Hi
            I have just put up my first website and have been fighting to get my images to resolve, after much fiddling they are there, but if you right click on the image and view properties you will see a file location on my own computer and not on the server. I know this is not right, what am I doing wrong, it looks unprofessional, and is this an unsafe thing to do?

website address is www.pro-poker.biz

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Setting...ges/daniel.jpg

Roger

I agree with Beth, looks as though you have moved your photos from where they were on your own computer before you published the page, or looks like you may need to rename them something more simple, all small letters, no spaces ... and insert and publish your pages again ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi

This is the message I get when I click on an image that is resident on the VodaHost server

Forbidden
              You don't have permission to access /pro-poker/8cds.jpg on this server.
              Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Does this help in the diagnosis

Roger

Comment

Originally posted by Redwulf
                Hi

This is the message I get when I click on an image that is resident on the VodaHost server

Forbidden
                Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Does this help in the diagnosis

Roger
                I'm almost certain that you have Hotlink protection enabled in your CP. Disable it or add your site in the list of allowed sites.
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Bethers

I was just reading your comments again

Actually - this is from your site:
                  http://www.slimform.co.uk/pro-poker/images/daniel.jpg

Did that mean you could see this image? this is the the one I have been playing with in Front Page, before uploading again.

When in Front Page and I right click and view each image properties box it shows the location on my computer. When I alter this to the website address it turns into the red x. I have tried hyperlinking the image with http://www.pro-poker.biz.but I am not sure of the effect I am having as I can always see the website images in the browser from my computer.

I think this is the area where I am going wrong, I am uploading images that are labeled with my home computer address. Can you tell me if this makes sense.

Roger

Comment

Building in BV, you pull up the image from your computer. WHEN you publish the page, it will change to the page as above. If you want it to already be that path, you need to upload all the images via ftp to your control panel - then you can put in the direct path.

It seems you are trying to tell it a path to an image that doesn't yet reside in that folder, which is why it's a red x.

Go ahead and keep it showing the location on your computer - then publish the BV page - then see if it changes to how you want it live.
                    Beth
                    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

I really cannot understand. If, as you say, the images are already on the server, and IF you get that error message,

Forbidden

then all this that we have been talking about id not a BV problem but a hotlink protection issue.

Is it so difficult to ckeck it ? it only takes 2 minutes.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Hi everybody
                        Image problems resolved at last

Thanks for all your help

Roger

Comment

Working...
                        X