image question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• image question

I have my website up and all, and i really worked hard on all the stuff for it. Unfortunately im trying so hard and my neighborhoods button doesn't show up on the internet, but it does on bluevoda. I'll do anything to not have to re create it. I tried copy and pasteing it, and i tried makin other stuff which works, and it's links, all seems normal just that button does not show up.

www.dansobus.com

Re: Super Strange Problem

Hello,

Make sure it is a format that is very well known (for example a .jpg).

By the way I really like your website, good job!
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

I checked your view source - and the word neighborhoods is no where in it- I'm guessing you want it on top of the empty shape? Like you have the schools and other one? Nothing is showing as being there at all. Thing is - you say the image doesn't show up - but neither does any link from it -

As Jeremy said - make sure it's an accepted format - jpg or gif - png is NOT accepted.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

LOL Bethers .. that stupid .png format .. I'm telling you, the problems we have with that .. eh?
        Best regards,
        Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

From what i understand, that would be a BV dropdown, like the others, not an image button.
          Dan, if you wish, send me your BV file, so i can have a look.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Naval, my first thought was that it was behind the shape - but then it would be in the view source - and I couldn't find it there at all. Hope you find it!
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Beth, it seems that only two drop down menus exist in the page. Since Dan is saying that he has three, and he can see them in preview, i asked for the .bvp file to have a look. From the source code it appears as though it is not there.
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: image question

errors on page:

Line: 159
                Char: 1
                Error: Object expected
                -------------
                Line: 444
                Char: 35
                Error: Expected ']'
                -------------
                Line: 470
                Char: 1
                Error: 'bvMenu16' is undefined

"the continueum transVodafunctioner is a strange and powerful device...it's mystery is only exceeded by it's power." lol

i like your page, but i am curious as to why or what is being used alonside bluevoda that is helping you script your elements to the page; looking at the source code, **scratches head** dont know....if your button is scripted and you included it in bluevoda during page construction, then you might want to find a way to stick it into an HTML BOX...but be weary of the "DIV" tags BV will place B4 and after it.

just wanted to give the heads up on the errors found...im using IE 7

****The SUGGESTIONS below are from a developers point of view...if your page utilizes alot of 3rd party web services/scipted elements NOT NATIVE TO BlueVoda....meaning you had very little part in writing the actual code..then these suggestions DO NOT apply****
                try making a copy of the page when you preview it...make a copy of the current(published one) view source on both/save to text files/use a utility(or command line if you are experienced) to compare the two files...make note of differences/run the two through a debugger of somekind(Eversoft FirstPage 2006 has a great live preview/debugger)

once again, the errors up top are all that really needed to be posted, but it's been almost 12 weeks since I posted anything....i had to let it out

;o)
                Robert
                www.GraphXntrix.com
                Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Thanks everyone for the help/info, i sent my BVP file to navaldesign and letting him check it out. Cause i publish the page as i see it and neighborhoods doesn't show up. Yet say i create another button that will show up. Just a small Bluevoda glitch a presume. Small things really can mess you up ^^/

Comment

Hi DAn,

despite my efforts for 40 minutes, i have found nothing. Your menu wil not appear, though it shows in preview. I have tried everything i could think of. At the end i recreated it from scratch and it showed. The strange thing is that the menubar code EXISTS in your page, but it doesn't show.

I suggest not losing more time: 5 minutes to recreate it from scratch and yu're done.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Naval,

I am not sure if this may help or not, but when you mentioned that the code for the menubar was in the page.... a previous observation i made was that there were multiple refferrences to stylesheets of somekind in the source code; can't recall if there was an iframe with a loaded html doc or something like that, but more to the point I figured that perhaps Bluevoda's "FINAL" publishing process (not preview) creates an inadvertant conflict with the some part of the markup needed to display correctly
                      Robert
                      www.GraphXntrix.com

Comment

Ho Robert,
                        the css refference in the code is the one that BV creates for the nav bar, so it expected to be there. I really can't figure it out.

Robert, do i recall well that you once said thet you wanted a form processor, that would send you the upload files, attached to the email ? if yes, have a look to the new ABVFP. It does that too, among other things.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

yes naval, I had mentioned a while back that those features would be of interest to me. As for the page at hand...

take a look at what i found in the source:

Code:
                          <SCRIPT type="text/javascript" src="./[COLOR=blue][B]jscookmenu.js[/B][/COLOR]"></SCRIPT>
                          <SCRIPT type="text/javascript">
                          this is between the HEAD tags right after the 2nd DOCTYPE declaration...

...curious...isn't this only shown in the source code when previewed???

it's almost as if he copied or imported the preview page or the page's source code.....could be wrong, but if right, this would cause a few kinks during publishing.

by the way, it's great to be back, and I'll get to the ABVFP really soon. Thanks a million for remembering, you never cease to amaze!
                          Robert
                          www.GraphXntrix.com

Comment

Hi,

Just had a look at your website and the neighbourhood buttons are there except for the swimming pool image.

The loading of your handsome photo is slow could be too much pixel in there.
                            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Ok, I haven't been on the forums for a while, but now im on and found out that Naval couldn't get it either... So i recreated it... I publish... and nothing showed...

The only thing i can possibly think of is that the universal page as maybe reached it's maximum space, but that wouldn't even make sense.

If anyone has anymore ideas please message me, im really dieing to get this button back.

Comment

Working...
                              X