Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photoshop to BlueVoda Tutorial PART II (Jpeg or gif? break the confusion NOW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop to BlueVoda Tutorial PART II (Jpeg or gif? break the confusion NOW)

Hi everyone,

you were so confused before, you wanted your images to look good in the best quality possible and your pages to open smoothly and quickly right?

Ah well, I will prove now that you were wrong to save Gif files from photoshop.

Please follow what said here to understand what's going on, let's do it :

1 - open your photoshop first.

2 - open an image or a complex image which contain a good gradient color.

3 - click save for web or press ctrl+alt+shift+S (pc) command+alt+shift+s (mac)

4 - do you see that big pop window? right click on the image > choose the download speed you want, or better keep it on 28.8kbps to see what's the right to do.

5 - in the right side of pop window, is it so complicated? don't get scared, photoshop is optimizing everything for ya automatically.

6 - click the preset botton "if not by default at GIF" change it to gif.

7 - zoom to a closer gradient in your image and look at the quality, baaaadddd isn't it?

8 - another thing, look in the bottom left of the pop window, do you see what's in there? it might say:

Gif
    xxx Kb
    xx sec @ 28.8kbps right?

9 - ok, now go back where you've chosen the GIF option and change it to JPEG HIGH.

10 - Look now at the bottom what it said, do you see how many sec @ 28.8 it says ?

11 - zoom in closer to a gradient in your image, how is that?

Any questions? I'm here
    Any opposition about that? I'm here

Enjoy Quality and speed, don't get confused.
    The Producer

Re: Photoshop to BlueVoda Tutorial PART II (Jpeg or gif? break the confusion NOW)

I'm with you Nite.... I very rarely save any of my images as gif... jpeg is the way to go!
    Naturally Yours,
    Dori
    www.earthelixirs.com
    www.earthelixirsinc.com
    www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
    www.virtualdesigndiva.com
    www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Re: Photoshop to BlueVoda Tutorial PART II (Jpeg or gif? break the confusion NOW)

yeah, but everyone needs to know that they should use the save for web option NOT SAVE AS.

other wise if the image is in a High Resolution, it will be saved in a High Resolution.
      The Producer

Comment

I totally agree Nite....
        I usually do my images in other programs, mainly Adobe Illustrator. The save for web option gives you clean, crisp images every time.
        Naturally Yours,
        Dori
        www.earthelixirs.com
        www.earthelixirsinc.com

Comment

yeah, your web site is a great example for what's happening here.

Actually I like your web site, great content, breat layout, everything is just fantastic, I will look at it properly at home, and we might exchange links or do something like that, we'll see.

Cheers, talk later.
          The Producer

Comment

Thanks for the compliments Nite... I still have a long way to go but am slowly getting there!
            Naturally Yours,
            Dori
            www.earthelixirs.com
            www.earthelixirsinc.com

Comment

hehehe,

I guess if you looked at my web site, that you are faaaaaarrrrrrrr away ahead of me. But I'll be there soon.
              The Producer

Comment

Hello Nite,

Thanks for the information. I really learned something about Photshop. I did not know that if a person saved just as a jpg that it would cause the page to load slower. I will now use the web image save to help out my loading time.

Ted
                Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

Originally posted by Nite Producer
                  hehehe,

I guess if you looked at my web site, that you are faaaaaarrrrrrrr away ahead of me. But I'll be there soon.
                  It sounds like the race is on! Let's see who actually finishes first!!! LOL
                  Naturally Yours,
                  Dori
                  www.earthelixirs.com
                  www.earthelixirsinc.com

Comment

Hi... I'll weigh in here... I Like Gifs.... you can do so much more with them in Photoshop... one vote for for gif... and good tips Nite...Doug

Comment

Originally posted by dougnez
                      Hi... I'll weigh in here... I Like Gifs.... you can do so much more with them in Photoshop... one vote for for gif... and good tips Nite...Doug
                      Ah well, if you feel it good with gifs, good luck, but the tip was done to help everyone to have quality, and quick loading for pages.

Gifs are good on banners and animations if you are not good with flash, you can do amazing things in Adobe Image Ready.
                      The Producer

Comment

Originally posted by Dori
                        It sounds like the race is on! Let's see who actually finishes first!!! LOL
                        Even if I know that you will finish first, I'll give a go, and we'll see.

Dori, I'm a gentelman, I always say ladies first. :))))
                        The Producer

Comment

Working...
                        X