Is it time to ditch adwords?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it time to ditch adwords?

I am now with the help of this forum doing really well in google and getting about 150 unique hits a day from searches in google alone.

I still use adwords, but find for each keyphrase I am usually on the first or second page anyway. Adwords at the moment costs me £90 a month and gets me 15 hits a day, the trouble is i have no idea how many sales come through this.

So the question is, should I ditch the adwords and just rely on natural search traffic. I suppose I could pause it and see if sales drop.

The adwords maybe highly targeted as they are all U.K based, which is where 90% of my sales are.

A little confused on what to do, any suggestions?

Regards Paul
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Re: Is it time to ditch adwords?

Paul

You could pause your ad and see what effect it has on sales, and then you will know for certain, how many sales are from that. No penalty for pausing it or restarting it last time i checked.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I may do this Karen, the trouble is the site seems to be gaining sales every month as more and more people are finding me, every month has shown a ***** rise in visitors, so it would be hard to guage and like anything, some weeks are crazy and other weeks are slow.

I think i will wait until my hits steady and then pause it for a couple of months and see if I can guage it this way, thanks for the reply.

Regards Paul
      www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Paul

If you have google analytics on your pages, it will tell you which is doing your business including their own adds. Alternately you can look in your stats and find which page they came from in google, and I forget what it says when they have clicked thru on an ad, but its a wierd string with client id in it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Paul,
          Any advertising campaign HAS to be tracked. If you don't know how many of those are converting to sales - you can't know if it's worth having the campaign.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Agreed Beth, I have an instinct it does o.k as when I first set the site up, adwords was the only way for me to go and worked o.k. But now even after changing key phrases to suit my campaign, I find myself on the first couple of pages for these phrases anyway, so I maybe paying for something that if they looked a little furthur down they would see me anyway. So adwords visitors I would maybe get for free, hope that jumble makes sense.

I have also never really looked at any tracking program within adwords, I did not know something like this was available.

Paul
            www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Hi Paul,
              The tracking is available. Log into your Google account and click the reports tab. As Karen said, there is no penalty for pausing your ads. Try it if you want, but I think between the google stats and your cpanel stats you should be able to get a pretty good idea of where people are coming from and who of those folks are buying.
              Naturally Yours,
              Dori
              www.earthelixirs.com
              www.earthelixirsinc.com
              www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
              www.virtualdesigndiva.com
              www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Working...
              X