Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counter

Hello everyone!

I have a samll problem on my website www.tatraview.com The StatCounter is not visible. You can see a box with letters statcounts instead of numbers of people who visited my website. Doeas anyone know why it happened and what to do to avoid this in the future. Please, help me.

Vila

Re: Counter

Hey,

Suggestion: Web Hit web counters leave an un-professional look on your website and are never accurate because people usually refresh their page.
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Hi Vila!
      I agree with Jeremy. Stat counters are very unprofessional. What is more important is to have testimonials of people that have stayed with you. Most people know that the counters can be manipulated and don't believe the numbers anyway. IF you are one of the very few people being honest with your counters, and at a little over 500 views I believe that you are, that might actually harm you when people see the lower numbers. Dump the counter... you have a nice site!
      Naturally Yours,
      Dori
      www.earthelixirs.com
      www.earthelixirsinc.com
      www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
      www.virtualdesigndiva.com
      www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

I agree with everyone! Also, if you wanted to see how many hits you've had, then log in to your blue voda control panel!

Regards

Teri

Comment

Yes,

You can also get better results with www.google.com/analytics
          Best regards,
          Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy
            Yes,

You can also get better results with www.google.com/analytics
            I tend to disagree with this suggestion, and emphasize the earlier reccommendation to utilize your VodaHost Control Panel statistics. You will find the abundance of actionable data in this "account specific" utility included with many other tools provided with your website account.

Google offers a completely different set of data results, and is not always forthcoming about the sources or interactivity of their promoted programs. At least with VodaHost's tools, you have the confidence that the data is unbiased and "site-specific."

It is always preferred to keep things "in-house"......
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I've always used the statistics offered by cPanel, I like it, but I have always been a fan of Google - certain things I dispise, but I guess if you want to use the Google Analytics, it is more user friendly and if you have an Adwords account, it helps even more.
              Best regards,
              Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Thank you for all the answers..

Vila

Comment

I have went to VodaHost Control Panel but I do not see anything that says statistics. I do not see "account specific" utility either.
                  How do I access these tools.
                  Please do a step by step or I will get lost.
                  Evalen

Comment

Evalen,

Go back to your Control Panel. You'll see all the icons. The fourth one down in the left column is "Web/FTP Stats" - Click on that to see your statistics. If you have any add-on or sub-domains, look to the right of that one - far right column - 4th down - are the "Subdomains Stats".

Stats is an abbreviation for statistics.

You will not find anything that says "account specific" - that means that these statistics are specific to your account.
                    Beth
                    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks for showing how to get there.
                      It was very interesting
                      thanks again.

Maybe this is better.
                      Evalen

Comment