An office meeting last week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An office meeting last week

I like being unpredictable, so, during a high level (but fairly boring) business meeting last week when the Customer Services Manager referred to the round the world yachtsman that we had booked as an inspirational speaker for our staff conference as Captain Pugwash - I had to ask if anyone remembered the names of his crew? (Captain Pugwash that is!)

Now, I don't know if this programme reached far outside the UK, so you may need to be British and of a certain age to remember! And surely BV can't ban me from repeating the names of TV characters? But I tell you this - the Publicity Manager is in her early 30's, and it took a while for the penny to drop. But her hand flew to her mouth, she gasped loudly, went bright red - and then collapsed in giggles. It was certainly not the kind of thing she had ever heard mentioned in a business meeting before!

Needless to say, my ploy worked, and the meeting livened up considerably as a result!

The names of the crew - should I remind you??

OK then:

Master Bates
    Seaman Staines
    Roger the Cabin Boy

But then you have to remember, the UK's only pop station of the time was happily playing Lou Reed's 'Walk on the Wild Side' as it didn't understand the words!

Whatever happened to innocence??
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info
Working...
X