Help - weird entries in my Guestbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - weird entries in my Guestbook

Hi all - wonder if anyone can shed any light on this. Over the past few days I have been getting weird entries on my guestbook - the entries criticise how the site is designed (e.g. no use of flash, images in wrong format, not catering for colour blind people, poor navigation buttons etc etc). There is also a complaint that the advertising is in dollars, and that this should be a British site! (The only ad in $ is the Vodahost ad, and I am NOT removing that!!).

The first entry was entirely anonymous, just with a 'you know who I am' tag, the second was from a Eric Arthur Blair who was supposedly in Budapest, and the third from a Samuel Butler.

After talking to the people for whom I developed the site we decided to remove all and any such comments - 'normal' site visitors don't want to be bothered with such things, and use the guestbook to say 'hi' and chat about horses.

Has anyone else had this? And do the names above mean anything?

It isn't that I mind criticism - it is all welcomed, it is just the very public manner of doing it that I object to!

Welcome anyone's thoughts or experiences.

Cheers
    Trish

http://www.limebrook.com
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Sounds like you have a couple "bashers", Trish, most likely kids. Eric Arthur Blair was novelist George Orwell's real name and the name Samuel Butler appears a few times in history. This is one of the perils of having "interactive" functions on our sites - any half wit can show up and try to cause trouble. These things aren't uncommon, but they're not common enough that you should lose much sleep over it, in my opinion.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

If you are going ot have a forum or a guest book..You have to stay on top of it all the time. People will right rude, strange or off topic things.... We check this forum 10
      times a day.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
      X