uploading on Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uploading on Internet

I created my webpage (check it out kmcustombuilders.com) but it is very slow opening the pages and opens one thing at a time (if you went to the site..see what I mean?) How do I fix this??

~Danielle

Re: Slow uploading on Internet

Hello,

Did you make your website, or a development company did?
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

I designed the website for a client.

~Danielle

Comment

Danielle,
        http://www.kmcustombuilders.com loads fine in broadband using IE6 and a couple of seconds slower in FF. The images load in the order you put them in. Looks like you created a table and inserted a pic in every cubicle, by the time you fill all 25, it will take a longer time to load.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Your are using lots of graphics, they take longer to load, reduce your graphics and increase your speed.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: uploading on Internet

How do I increase my speed and what should my resolution be on my images. I dont want them to appear pixelated or "cheesy" looking.? I also created a blend mode- which I see is not viewable on a mac. How come?

~D

Comment

Re: uploading on Internet

Originally posted by Danniyell9
              How do I increase my speed and what should my resolution be on my images. I dont want them to appear pixelated or "cheesy" looking.? I also created a blend mode- which I see is not viewable on a mac. How come?

~D
              You increase your speed by re-sizing your images. This doesn't mean dragging the corners to resize in Blue Voda but use Pix Resizer (available through the 'Help Me' (Help Center > downloads). It's a great little program and will resize your images whilst maintaining the original quality.

You may also want to consider using thumbnail sized pictures (on your Projects page) which are hyperlinked to the larger images. (This would increase your page loading time manyfold). You could easily set up the large image space (on the left) as an i-frame which displays an enlarged version of the thumbnails when each one is clicked on (rather than on a large blank page). Just an idea. You can see the effect by clicking here.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
              X