Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Questions

Hi,

This is probably very obvious and i'm going to look a bit stupid..but here goes.

I run a small business..and have my email richard@snappycopy.co.uk set up in Outlook Express on my office PC. I am intending to do more work from home - so have set up Outlook Express here with all the details I received when joing Vodahost. However, having mail.snappycopy.co.uk as my incoming and outgoing servers does not work, the error message asks me to set mail.snappycopy.co.uk as incoming and smtp.orange.co.uk as outgoing. This seems to partially work as I have sent a test email to my Yahoo account, and received it - but this does not work the other way round. Well, it sort of does, because I receive the test email sent from my Yahoo account on richard@snappycopy.co.uk back in the office, but not on the home PC. I also have nothing in my inbox on the home PC account, but hundreds of emails in the work account. I've tried Webmail too - and again, nothing in the inbox and no indication of any incoming messages - I can only send, not receive.

What am I doing wrong? Is it physically possible to view and work on one email account on different computers in multiple locations?

I'd really appreciate any advice you can provide.

Many thanks,

Richard

Re: Email Questions

Please click the below and go through the trouble shooting section...

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/ema...-my-email.html

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Email Questions

Richard: In addition to what ***** suggests above....With outlook express you can elect to have emails on the the server. Go into your email account properties in Outlook express and click on the advanced tab. Down towards the bottom click the box that says leave a copy of mail on server, then click the box that says remove and put in how many days you want your mail saved on the server. I have both home and work computers set up the same way, as well as my laptop as I use outlook express on all of them. Hope this helps!
      Cindy
      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Working...
      X