Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web showing files not my site

Hi Folks
    I have been able to publish three pages of my site (thanks to Girl on the Hill and rewatching the tutorials)
    but when I search on the web a series of files come up and not the site itself.
    Would this have anything to do with my having a temporary FTP address?

Re: Web showing files not my site

have you published your home page as

index

If you can post the links to one of your pages or your main url
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you for replying.
      I had changed the Index to Home but have reset that now and deleted the Home page file.

Sorry I am not sure how to follow your suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by deedal
        Thank you for replying.
        I had changed the Index to Home but have reset that now and deleted the Home page file.

Sorry I am not sure how to follow your suggestion.
        It should be index with no capital letters.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you again
          I had a Capital I in index.

No doubt I will be back

Comment

Earlier today I set up an add-on domain, www.retrobash.com (which I just transfered to VH Domains from another registrar) and figured out how to publish a home page for it. Right now when you go to that URL all you see is a list of the files that make up the page. Is this list of files is just a temporary condition while the domain propagates, or is there something I need to do to fix this problem?

Note that in the list of files, if you click on the last link, the retrobash home page loads and appears exactly as I want it to look. But I don't want to name that file "index" because "index" is the name of the home page for my main web site, jhwm.net. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by jimchicago
              Earlier today I set up an add-on domain, www.retrobash.com (which I just transfered to VH Domains from another registrar) and figured out how to publish a home page for it. Right now when you go to that URL all you see is a list of the files that make up the page. Is this list of files is just a temporary condition while the domain propagates, or is there something I need to do to fix this problem?

Note that in the list of files, if you click on the last link, the retrobash home page loads and appears exactly as I want it to look. But I don't want to name that file "index" because "index" is the name of the home page for my main web site, jhwm.net. Thank you!
              Hi, Jim.

Each home page MUST be called index. You can have ten sub domains but they each must have their own index page in order to work properly. As long as the files are in a sub directory of your main site directory then there is no problem. You should also keep the files and pages seperate on your pc. In your Blue Voda folder set up different directories for each of your domains and sub domains. Good file and folder housekeeping here is essential or you will, as you feared, end up overwriting other important files/pages.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
              X