Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st post and questions.

Hi everyone,
    Just discovered BV and being a complete novice I am very impressed with the tutorials and the helpful forums. It's my first post and I'm looking to clear a couple of things up.
    I've been playing around with a practice page. I followed the advice about eliminating sideways scroll bars but I've noticed on some peoples sites and my own practice page, that there is still a scroll bar even though the sideways movement is minimal.
    Also on the print preview my practice page is a mess with some text missing other bits obscured etc.
    Something simple no doubt but for a technophobe, puzzling.
    Thanks for any help tips etc.

Re: 1st post and questions.

set your page width to 800 to 900 and keep all of your text, images etc within that setting. if you go to "layout" > "guide settings" you can set up a grid that will help - build from the far left side out
    you might have items over other items that cover them up - using the tab just keep pressing it you can check out where all of your items are 0 you mihgt have to bring some to front or send some to back worth a try
    Ann
    www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
    www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
    www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Thanks Ann,
      I had a look at both of your web sites and both have a sideways scroll bar with minimal movement, is that how you see them yourself?

Comment

Best to set your page widths to '800 to avoid any sideways scroll for any users regardless.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X