Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to: Add a live web cam feed to your BlueVoda website - MUST SEE!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to: Add a live web cam feed to your BlueVoda website - MUST SEE!

Hello,

Many here wanted to know how to add a live web cam feed to their BlueVoda website. I have tried to type it clearly below and I hope you guys can all succeed if you are interested.

Before you start, I would like you to click on the link below, it is the live web cam feed I have set up on my website to show you an example. I turned off the audio so you don't have to hear me working, hehe .. it is a 20$ Canadian Bill that is showing on the camera.. The camera I am using is an **** 360 Live Camera.

TRY: http://www.bwservices.ca/broadcasting.html
    (this link will only be active for a few hours)

Step 1: Download Windows Media 9 Encoder
    32-bit version of Windows Media Encoder 9 Series for Windows 2000 and Windows XP. For Windows Vista.

Download now

Then: Open the program in your start menu and do the following, make sure you follow the exact instructions or it will not work!

Run the encoder, select 'Broadcast a live event', Click OK

Select the devices you want to use in the next screen, click Next

Select 'Pull from the encoder', click Next

Enter port number 5700, click Next

Keep the first two settings as 'Multiple bit rates video'

Scroll down in the 'Bit rate' box to the one marked '148kbps, 15, 320x240', uncheck any others and check this one, press Next

'Archive a copy...' leave unchecked, click Next

Select 'No,...', click Next

Give your stream some info if you want - if not just leave blank, click Next

Click Finish

Give the encoder a few seconds to sort itself out, then click 'Properties'

Click the 'Compression' Tab, Click 'Edit...'

Under 'Target Bit Rates', select your 148Kbps stream and click 'Edit'

In 'Audio Format', pull down "10kbps, 16Khz, Mono CBR"

Change 'Frame rate' to 20fps

Change 'Video Bit rate' to 48K (including the 'K'), click OK

Go to the File menu, and select 'Save As' - call the file a name (e.g. broadcast.wme) and save it to your Desktop. In the future you can launch the encoder with this settings file by double-clicking it, so you do not have to set it up every single time.

Click 'Start Encoding' to start your broadcast.

You have now finiched the hardest part! Now here comes the easy part .. good luck!

Step 2: Click on this link below:
    http://www.camstreams.com/add.asp and sign up ...

Step 3: Check your e-mails (maybe the bulk one)
    Read the message and click on Activate Membership ... it will re-direct you to a website that you can then get out of ...

Step 4: Go to the link below:
    http://www.camstreams.com/userarea.asp .. and sign in ..

Step 5: Click on the link that says:
    Show Embed HTML Code .. and Agree ..

Step 6: Copy the HTML code
    Then open BlueVoda and choose the page you want to add the live web cam feed.

Step 7: Add an HTML box and double click on it
    Then paste the HTML code and click on 'OK'.

Step 8: Congrads! You can now save and publish your page!
    Please let me know how it went!
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Re: How to: Add a live web cam feed to your BlueVoda website - MUST SEE!

getting this error on your link Jeremy.....

Sorry, there seems to be an error or you may not have the right page.

Thank you
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Hey David,

What kind of error, I don't see no error hehe ..
      http://www.bwservices.ca/broadcasting.html
      Best regards,
      Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Hi Jeremy,
        Thanks for your explanation about adding webcam to the website.My server has streaming facility,and i wan't to broadcast my church worship service both (audio and video) using a webcam.
        First of all i wan't to know how this camstreams works? and what is the need of using both "camstreams" and windows encoder?
        I hope you will explain clearly.

Thanks,
        SUNNY.

Comment

The program Windows Media 9 Encoder will allow you to stream on your website, the only reason to sign up with the link above is so that you can use their Embed HTML code that you put on your BlueVoda website so that you can view it on your website.

You don't need to sign up with them if you know what your doing and know how to make up your own code that can work with Media 9 Encoder, but if you sign up with that streaming website it will be much easier and you can have your stream and video on your site.
          Best regards,
          Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Originally posted by sunny152
            Hi Jeremy,
            Thanks for your explanation about adding webcam to the website.My server has streaming facility,and i wan't to broadcast my church worship service both (audio and video) using a webcam.
            First of all i wan't to know how this camstreams works? and what is the need of using both "camstreams" and windows encoder?
            I hope you will explain clearly.

Thanks,
            SUNNY.
            If you need help setting up, you can send me an e-mail with your phone number and I would be glad to call you and help you out. E-mail me.
            Best regards,
            Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

hello Jeremy; i have tried both your links and do not get a website but only an error message.

as for live broadcast or streaming information I would go to www.helloworld.com or
              www.vmdirect.com

Hello World is for consumers or customers wanting to stream live and VM Direct is for affiliates that wish to make money signing people up. The quality is only fair as far as I'm concerned but it is live.

good luck, Mrmagoo144
              mrmagoo144
              www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
              X