Clear All

• added a few things

I would like some input on my web,please

Thank you,
    Karry
    www.joyofit.org

Re: added a few things

Hey,

Your background is about probably 300 x 100 let's say and it keeps duplicating. Consider getting a bigger resolution image.
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy
      Hey,

Your background is about probably 300 x 100 let's say and it keeps duplicating. Consider getting a bigger resolution image.
      Jeremy, that is the nature of tiled backgrounds, which are almost universally 110x110....the smaller patterns *******te to a deeper texture or lineal coherence than your suggested "larger images" and will not lose resolution in the process!
      Quite frankly, it would look much finer to simply choose a muted tonal color from the header image as a "colored" background, as the white "page" would then have the desired emphasis. But...that is also "an opinion," right, Jeremy?

However, you do have some obvious (and easily correctible) textual errors:
      1. Beginning with this section... "Why not become a part of it. Get paid for your opinions.Getting started is easy and fast....." your lines begin to display as if they have been set at 1.5 line spacing: to correct this, simply touch the spacebar after your last typed character, so the text in your text boxes reform to the side margins, and not the bottom (see the added "space" here as a red underscore) >> "Why not become a part of it. Get paid for your opinions.Getting started is easy and fast._"
      Each of the next three text sections need to be corrected in this same manner.

2. Apparently, you have 3 individual text areas/boxes on your main page ("index"), and they are not properly aligned: if you click once on each, you will see the X-Y axis exact positioning of each text box with regard to your left BV browser margin. Once each is "highlighted" (clicked once) you can easliy move them to precise positioning using the arrows on your keyboard. *The X-Y axis tool is located at the lower right of your BV browser pane: click on a few objects, and you will see x= the position from left edge, and y=line position on page. Make sure all your text boxes have the same x value to be the same distance from the left margin. PS: The first set of X-Y values will always refer to the top-left corner of any object/textbox, and the second set refer to the lower-right corner.

You seem to have a cleverly designed concept, and making small easy layout corrections, should prove to be a winner!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Yeah .. the 'tiled background' does not have a pattern or match with the site which is why it should be taken off.
        Best regards,
        Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Whether 110x110 or 300x100, the tiling really should be replaced. You have a great concept and a nice looking site but this really does take away from the professional look you are trying to accomplish!
          Naturally Yours,
          Dori
          www.earthelixirs.com
          www.earthelixirsinc.com
          www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
          www.virtualdesigndiva.com
          www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Hello!,
            I've taken advice and changed things again and would like any comments on my site. I think I have aligned everything up now. Appreciate all comments.
            Thank you all!
            Karry
            www.joyofit.org

Comment

Hello Again!

Do me a quick favor? After every period in you text on the Main page (whether they are in the same text box or not), would you simply go back and put yout cursor next to it and hit the spacebar just once? Then hit "Delete" to see if you have additional "spaces" when you do not need them. Continue to delete spaces until the line below comes up...then hit "Enter" to make it drop to the next line automatically.

If you do this, you will then have the one essential extra "space" after each line, and this will eliminate the last line of every text box dropping below formatted single line spacing.

You can see how it still shows up beginning with You can earn really good money just for sharing your opinion and do it all from the comfort of your own home...
              And, check your vertical spacing between text boxes to be sure they are even...they look a tad off.
              >> To make this super-easy once and for all, consider copy and pasting all of your content into one single te****, and playing with different "sizes" of lines to create vertical spacing. You only need to have that one extra "space" at the very end, and everything will line up perfectly!

Good job on the alignment! It really helps to make you text stand up *****ly!

Any further considerations about using a tonal color page background? It would help your top/header image to jump, don't you think?

Comment

I have a new look for my site wonder what you think. My 2nd page is changed also but its not showing the changes for some reason..
                thank you,
                karry
                www.joyofit.org

Comment

Good use of a BV template! Very fitting....

Would like to see things shorn up before I comment further (let's see how far you can go with this one!).

Good to see you put everything in a single textbox....works better, yes?

Comment

looks like you are in good hands with Vasili
                    a thing I noticed, though-when use little icons instead of text for links either internally or externally, you should be sure they are very clearly representing what they are linkd to. For instance, I am guessing the computer on the left is for email(?) but have no clue about the campfire. Clicked and found a registry clearner, but I don't see the connection to the fire. Noticed you had some others on the next page, but didn't know what they were so I didn't click on them..
                    Liz
                    www.sebastopolparty.com
                    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Thanks for the input will do more tweaking and tweaking.
                      Thank you again for all your help!

karry
                      www.joyofit.org

Comment

Hello,

Did a little more changing. What do you think?
                        Love your coments and love your sites. You are the pros!
                        Thank you!
                        Karry
                        www.joyofit.org

Comment

Looking much better, now you might want to center your pages.......Good Job You might also want to change your nav buttons when you click on them to one other then BV.
                          Sharon Chajin

Comment

Hello!
                            I have changed a few things and added a few things, would like to make sure all links are working correctly and any comments you may have.
                            Thank you!
                            karry
                            www.joyofit.org

Comment

The site looks nice and clean and is easy to navigate. I noticed the little 'Enter' button towards the bottom has the word enter on it. I would recommend making the word 'Enter' a link along with the button as if you roll your mouse over the button you lose the link about half way into the button as if it were not a button at all.
                              Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
                              FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Working...
                              X