Email Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Security

I've been recently receiving alot of scam emails to an email address in particular. Most of them come from from phony Paypal alerts ( I do not have Paypal under that email) and other versions of the infamous "Nigeria Scam" (Now they claim to be from other countries). I have the "Spam Assasin" on but they seem to be bypassing it. The thing is, I'm wondering how they are getting my email address. I use OE (Outlook Express) to access my emails, I heard that OE is known for scammers and spammers to easily get into. Could that be a possibility?

Re: Email Security

I'm using outlook express also but it seems to be secure so far. Try spyware blaster its free. you might have some spyware on your computer.

Comment

No, Outlook Express is not a contributory factor in the type or volume of spam you are experiencing.....nor does it have anything to do with spyware.
      It is an issue that is more on the "server-side" of the website issues, and can be allowed to blossom if you have simplified email address links rather than email forms on your website: rather than use "Email Us Here" or even a visible link like info@mysite.com you should use the email "form/script" suggested at the bottom of the Email Tutorial as the minimum....
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Good response Vasili,

I've noticed that if you go to a website and they have email links, if you have OE configured correctly, all you really have to do is click on it and OE opens up to send the email.

Comment

Working...
        X