Failure to boot from hard drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failure to boot from hard drive

I'll try to summarize the events leading up to my problem as best I can.

I have two hard drives. I tried installing Windows Vista Business on the first one to use in a dual-boot configuration with Windows XP which was on the second hard drive. Well, the Vista installation worked fine, but when I went to boot into XP, I found Vista's boot loader hadn't recognized Windows XP. Clearly frustrated, I tried several different things until I finally decided to format the first hard drive. It was horrible I lost my entire data from the Hard drive. Vista made my data vanish. I hate it. I tried using repair tool and many recovery software, but it did not work. Please help me out.

Re: Failure to boot from hard drive

I know Vista doesn’t install itself easily. Something must have happened, that’s for sure. What software you have used to recover your data? One of the data recovery software I know is Salvage Data recovery Software for windows. My friend used the software and got his data back. Few days back I tried to recover the data of my office system, which I lost accidentally while formatting and it worked well. Try with their software. I think their site name is salvage data.
    All the best.

Comment

Re: Failure to boot from hard drive

Mistake 1. - you formatted your Hard Drive. No No No.

Was the "First" hard drive, the one you installed Vista on, a new hard drive? or Did it have another OS on it prior to installing Vista?

Also, there is a Windows Hotfix/update/patch.....one of those...which was posted to allow files from a 32bit environtment to be transferrable to a 64bit Vista environment...mainly for those upgrading.

But, to my understanding, in some instances, would be required for proper configurations such as yours.

as far as your data, if you truly Formatted (and repartitioned) your hard drive....well, at least it's clean. Play the warranty card on this one if you can, otherwise, you'll have to start digging for instructions from their website.

Oh, and Microsoft has incapacitated my **** **** Laptop, all techs are from India, and "I'm ignorant."

RecoverMyFiles is a nice little program I've used once or twice, but I would search around some more. good luck
      Robert
      www.GraphXntrix.com
      Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Working...
      X