One Picture but four frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Picture but four frames

When I put a picture in a page I see four pictures like it has been put in four times. Obviously I only want one picture per page. What's up with that?

dwbgandrews

Re: One Picture but four frames

Sounds like you have tiled the image and not stretched it. How did you insert it?
    Naturally Yours,
    Dori
    www.earthelixirs.com
    www.earthelixirsinc.com
    www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
    www.virtualdesigndiva.com
    www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Thanks, Dori, for the response. Actually I figured it out by just inserting the picture rather than trying to insert a picture as the background.

dwbgandrews

Comment

HOWEVER, I continue to struggle with this thing. I am now trying to figure out how to make the links between the pages. For example, I now have the "Home" page built, and I have the bars with the titles on the left side of the page. The top one is "Home". Now, I cannot find anything in the tutorials to tell me how to make that button link to that page, nor to the second page which is "Location".

Just an old East Texas cowboy ranching down in the Yucatán and not very good at these things.l

dwbgandrews

Comment

Originally posted by dwbgandrews
          HOWEVER, I continue to struggle with this thing. I am now trying to figure out how to make the links between the pages. For example, I now have the "Home" page built, and I have the bars with the titles on the left side of the page. The top one is "Home". Now, I cannot find anything in the tutorials to tell me how to make that button link to that page, nor to the second page which is "Location".

Just an old East Texas cowboy ranching down in the Yucatán and not very good at these things.l

dwbgandrews
          Double click on the nav bar and under the 'General' tab you will see your buttons (bars) listed. Click on the top one, to highlight it, and hit the edit button.

Here you will see: Name; Alternate Text; Link Type; URL and target.

In name -type the name of the page that you want to appear as text on the button.

Alternate text is used to enter a description that will show when a viewer hovers over the button.

Link type will be Http:

URL will be the URL of the page you wish to link to, ie: http://www.mywebsite.com/locations.html

Leave target empty so that when visitors clicka nav button the new page will open in the same browser window.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks. Now my problem is publishing. They say I have to find the correct IP from my welcome e-mail. Well, I have maybe five from them and not one has an IP address. Any ideas?

Thanks again. dwbgandrews

Comment

And by the way, Dori, Amanda, if you read this, or anyone, how do I not have my images on "tile" when I want to use a picture for a background?

dwbgandrews

Comment

And by the way, Dori, Amanda, if you read this, or anyone, how do I not have my images on "tile" when I want to use a picture for a background?

dwbgandrews
                Hi dw

Using an image as a background and whether it will tile, will all depend on the original size of the image and the screen resolution, size it is trying to fill ... this does not work in the same way, unfortunately, so be careful what kind of image you apply as a background, it will repeat itself and in some cases, will not provide the look you are attempting to achieve.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks, Lady Eve. Any idea what size to make the picture to use as the background? I use Photo Shop.

dwbgandrews

Comment

Sorry, I meant Lady Eye.

dwbgandrews

Comment

Hi dw

Well that again would depend on the picture ... if you are using it as a background, remember '800 width is going to be covered with the content of your page ...

And in so far as the image, it will really depend on its resolution as well. You wouldn't want to make it too large, as it would distort. So you could try enlarging it and keep an eye on it when it started to lose its quality.

I think you would have to play with it and be satisfied with it's quality.
                      It's kind of tricky to answer .... without knowing what will happen when you enlarge it ...

but try 1400 pixels by 1000 (somewhere around those ranges, see if you are able to keep the proportions and the quality of the picture ...) that should do most ...

My screen, for instance is 20" and I view in 1400 resolution ... some view in '800 some in 1200 ... etc. .. I think it can go up to about 1700 or so, I may be wrong, but the norm are 1200 and below

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks, you are very kind to take the time to explain this to me. I'll work on it and see what I come up.

Again, thanks!

Rate I'm going I'll be a General before breakfast in the morning!

dwbgandrews

Comment

Thanks, you are very kind to take the time to explain this to me. I'll work on it and see what I come up.

Again, thanks!

Rate I'm going I'll be a General before breakfast in the morning!

dwbgandrews

yw ... Maintain your quality at all costs, that's so important ...

btw ... what's for breakfast?? lo

Good Luck!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Well, you did it! It was 1400 and it worked perfect. Breakfast around here is generally scrambled eggs with Chaya leaves, chopped up habanero chilies with green oranges squeezed over the eggs, flour tortillas, refried black beans, orange juice, fried bananas, coffee and a Te Amo #7 cigar.

Yucatán, México is a great place to live and ranch!

Thanks again!

dwbgandrews

Comment

Well, you did it! It was 1400 and it worked perfect. Breakfast around here is generally scrambled eggs with Chaya leaves, chopped up habanero chilies with green oranges squeezed over the eggs, flour tortillas, refried black beans, orange juice, fried bananas, coffee and a Te Amo #7 cigar.

Yucatán, México is a great place to live and ranch!

Thanks again!

dwbgandrews
                              WOW .......... awesome ............ lots of vittles, "Tough Boy Breakfast" as my dad used to call it, lol

And great job done for you ... let me have a look?? I'll tell you what I see ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                              X