inserting spreadsheet into webpage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inserting spreadsheet into webpage

I have my fragrance names, color and decriptions already in a excel spreadsheet. I would like to insert this page into my web page called "fragrances" Can anyone give me any instructions on how to do this. I'm building my webpage through bluevoda and want to insert it in here and then publish it.

Re: inserting spreadsheet into webpage

Hi, View your XL sheet in MS as a web page (under the file button) to see if it all looks ok as a web page. If all is OK, then save as a web page.
    Open your BV FTP manager & upload this file to your domain.
    You can have it show as a single web page or insert it into an iframe on one of your BV pages. I personally think inserting into a BV page via an iframe looks better.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

still not getting it........I couldn't view it in MS.....but I saved the XL file as a html file and then uploaded it to the BV public folder file. Now what seems logical to do is to be able to insert this file into the webpage that I have named "fragrance descriptions" but I don't have an option in the insert menu for inserting a file.......help????? thanks!

Comment

Hi, if you have uploaded the file. This file will now have a URL?
        So place an iframe on your web page & double click on it to open the properties box. Then place the URL of your xl file into the url box on the pop up in the properties box.
        Now press OK & then preview.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

thanks for your reply.......ok, I feel really stupid asking this question but is an "Iframe" a "Inline Frame" if so, I did what you said but in the properties box, this is what it says: Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames.

How do I configure my browser to display these frames or to verify whether or not it even supports it?

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Ok.....I think I got it.....what was confusing was it didn't show in the IFrame until I previewed it and then published it.....it's out there now! Thanks!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cre8tivelegance
              Ok.....I think I got it.....what was confusing was it didn't show in the IFrame until I previewed it and then published it.....it's out there now! Thanks!!!!!!
              No problem. Nice to hear you got there. Good luck.
              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
              X