Publishing in WordPress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing in WordPress

I installed WordPress successfully, can manage it from the admin URL. However i can not see my posts on my website.

I installed it to www.evdenisyapiyorum.com without giving a directory. I want to use my domain as a blog. However i can not see my posts when i check www.evdenisyapiyorum.com. There is a blank screen. What might be the problem ? Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Publishing problem in WordPress

Hi merkal,

Your best bet is to check out the WordPress tutorials that are offered on their site. There is a lot to read through but I am sure you can find the answer there.

One of these days I will have time to delve into those tutorials myself...
    Naturally Yours,
    Dori
    www.earthelixirs.com
    www.earthelixirsinc.com
    www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
    www.virtualdesigndiva.com
    www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Thanks Dori. I almost finished reading their tutorial. I guess my problem is related to VodaHost/control panel rather than WordPress. Because i can manage, save/publish my posts using WordPress, however i can not see my posts on my domain.

I did not install WordPress to any directory, i just wanted it to appear at www.evdenisyapiyorum.com (my domain name) could this be the problem ? Why can't i see WordPress blog when i type my domain URL ?

Comment

I believe that is the problem. If I am not mistaken you have to upload it into your cpanel using Fantastico (blue icon towards the bottom of cpanel page). Try that and see if it works for you. I believe there is a tutorial telling you how to install it in the forum.
        Naturally Yours,
        Dori
        www.earthelixirs.com
        www.earthelixirsinc.com

Comment

Thanks Dori. Let me go step by step what i did :
          • i installed Word Press using Fantastico to my domain name www.evdenisyapiyorum.com without giving a directory name. I wanted my blog to be my website at the same time.
          • However even though i can log in to Admin URL: http://evdenisyapiyorum.com/wp-admin/ and post my articles using Word Press, i can not see them on my site www.evdenisyapiyorum.com. There is a blank screen.
          • Yesterday i thought it was related to my indexing/files. I checked index manager using voda host control panel, there is no problem.
          Any idea what might be wrong with my setup ? I am sure it is not related to Word Press.

Comment

Re: Publishing in WordPress

I believe it is on the WordPress side. That was my stumbling block as well and as I said earlier I just haven't had the time to study all the WP tutorials to figure out how to do this. There are steps you have to do in WP for the blog to show up on your website... I only wish I knew what they were. One of these days I will have the time to figure it out. What I decided I would do was create a landing page of sorts in my website for the 'blog'. When people click on my landing page I would give them little teasers of my articles or entries and then place a link to 'view more' which would lead to the WP blog. I haven't had a chance to set it up yet, but I figure it will work until I have a chance to work out the logistics.

I wish I could be more help! I don't think we have a WP guru here on BV. Have you posted on the WP forum to see if someone can help? Let me know what you find out.
            Naturally Yours,
            Dori
            www.earthelixirs.com
            www.earthelixirsinc.com

Comment

Thanks Dori. I will post it to WP forum as you suggested.

By the way, i ve checked your website. It's really cool! Congrats!

Comment

Thanks! It has a long way to go....

Let me know what you find out with WP
                Naturally Yours,
                Dori
                www.earthelixirs.com
                www.earthelixirsinc.com

Comment

Hey Dori !

I solved the problem. I published some documents to my domain name. Without deleting them using the file manager in control panel, you can not duly install your Word Press blog to your domain name (without giving an index like www.evdenisyapiyorum.com/blog) using Fantastico tool.

Please check www.evdenisyapiyorum.com, you will see a Word Press theme right now.

Comment

Ah ha! Now it is your turn to help me....
                    Can you give me the exact steps you took to do this?
                    I am glad that you found it... there is a lot of info to wade through and I just haven't had the time.
                    Naturally Yours,
                    Dori
                    www.earthelixirs.com
                    www.earthelixirsinc.com

Comment

Working...
                    X