Menu bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menu bars

Hi im new user of voda and really mnust say that this is the best solution for my page ever, i just have a alight problem, i have seen all the tutorials video and the question is that how i manage to get on the same site information and picture just clicking the one of the menu bars, should i do it with scroll bar or how should i doi it. Really confused at the moment and try to find soltuion for this in forum but there is so many questions and posts that i have been spending all day to find out this question, this is how i looks now.

So the simple question is that should i make all the pages copy of the firsrt site and point them to chosen one, this is the point im stuck, i must say so far voda is mase exelent job. They evewn send me private e-mail and asked how am i and do i have some problems with building the site. Big thank for Voda for customer servise and so far the best company i dealing wit anykind of inet related issues. I wish all the best for every each of you and thanks for your help.

Re: Menu bars

I am not really sure what your question is, so I'll guess at the two possible ones you may be asking.

1. How to have on every page of your site, the same logo image and navigation bar.

If you create one page and call it template, and put all the elements on this page that you want on every page, and then save it as template.
    Then every page you build, begin with this very page called "template" add your content for the new page, save it with the new page name and repeat the process for every page.

2. How do you link your pages from one to the other.

You insert the url for each page in the navigation button with the name you have give it. The url will look like this http://www.yourdomainname.com/nameofyourpage.html

If this is not what you are wondering, just ask again.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for quiq reply, but is it nessesary to use ready templates, i try, just a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Duster
        Thanks for quiq reply, but is it nessesary to use ready templates, i try, just a minute.

No you can design your own template ....

But if you want certain things in the same place on every one of your webpages, this is the best way to accomplish this other than using the .php method or Iframes ... this is the easiest way ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

So now i save it, but for example if i want to some one see the page Discography section in the same page when press the link i get following site http://www.domain.com/Discography. I have send a check to pay for the domain but they ask me to go and get refund of the money so im just wondering can i built this website before they approve myu payment....

So just the thing is when somebody hits the link discography i would like to see on the center field of the site our record label logo and discography of our label, and same thing to other menuboxes, this might sound a bit stupid but forgive, im finnish :):):):)

So if i want to make quick test wit for example artist photo and text what should i do next?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Duster
            So now i save it, but for example if i want to some one see the page Discography section in the same page when press the link i get following site http://www.domain.com/Discography. I have send a check to pay for the domain but they ask me to go and get refund of the money so im just wondering can i built this website before they approve myu payment....

So just the thing is when somebody hits the link discography i would like to see on the center field of the site our record label logo and discography of our label, and same thing to other menuboxes, this might sound a bit stupid but forgive, im mfinnish :):):):)

I do believe you would have to wait until your payment process was approved ... in the meantime you could build your pages ... using the domain name that you will be given ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

But can you give me quick hnt if i want for example to make artist site with test photo and text, can you advise how to link them right? We really are surprised with my friend here so positively replyes and fastones, btw check out his art work at http://www.neilgibson.ca/

My favourite is on 2005 paintings

Comment

That is really cool ... nice work ...

For linking and navigation of pages, you can check out tutorials and I, myself, offer a downloadable e-book that you can read and it will tell you how to do this ... if can be found here

But to link a page ... the link is normally

http://www.yourdomainname.com/nameofpage.html

You name, save and publish your page simply as the name of page, all small letters, no spaces ... only when you link to a page do you add the .html - when publishing your pages to blue voda these pages are automatically converted to .html and blue voda webbuilder does this for you ...

Hope these tips help you in the meantime!!

So you can begin building your pages and have your navigation bar all set up with the urls for when you have your payments processed. You will be ahead of the game ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thank you so much, i donno what to say, i try to find on e-mails that domain name what they gave me or or will it be valid after the payment. This is the last question and i have done one forum allredy but website is new for me, please visit www.elixiria.fi if yuo are interested in psy-trance, it´s mostly finnish but there is on dj sed´ction on forum site plenty of downable tracks and mixes for making the site. Kisses and good night and once more thank you _very much_!

Comment

Sorry if im still bothering you but how can i copy existing page to new page with navigation bar and existing logo, so can you just gimme a short hint how to create second page example for the artists? And on the welcome mail is there the domain name what i can use before payment has done or is it only afterwards?

Comment

What you should do is create the first page, with only the background, navigation and logo, then "save as" (however you want to name it) in the template folder. Then you will have a page (template) with only logo and navigation on it, that you can use as a base for all your other pages. Be sure to rename the new, fully complete, page appropriately.
                      Hope this helps.
                      I'm not the one to answer domain name and payment questions...Sorry.
                      Debi
                      Debi
                      DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

Thanks DEbi, done deal, i really like you all, you have a good heart :)

Comment

You are very welcome. :)
                          Debi
                          DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

Working...
                          X