Background Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background Question

Right, because the background I am using is not large enough for my web page, I used Paint Net to resize it and make the background larger, but it willl not appear when I click on ok from page properties.

Re: Background not appearing

Originally posted by Tygra
    Right, because the background I am using is not large enough for my web page, I used Paint Net to resize it and make the background larger, but it willl not appear when I click on ok from page properties.

Have you inserted the image as a background in your page properties? And have you made it larger than the webpage you are building?

Your webpage you are designing should be '800 width, what size is your background image you are applying??

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

When I put the original size background in with "800 width" I get one and a half backgrounds if you get what I mean, I want one to fill the whole page. So I used Paint net to make it larger, to fill the whole page. I then go to page properties, click on the background tab, click on the browse tool to select the file, click on ok, but nothing appears.

Comment

Check how you saved the image - make sure it's either .jpg or .gif
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Bethers it's "png" can I change it?

Comment

Yes you can change it from a png to a jpeg or gif. Open up your image in paint.net and 'save it as'. This will allow you to keep your original png incase you want to modify it later.
            Naturally Yours,
            Dori
            www.earthelixirs.com
            www.earthelixirsinc.com
            www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
            www.virtualdesigndiva.com
            www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Thanks Dori, it's ok now. I have another problem though. When I click on "ok" from page properties I get the width I have changed, but not the height. I made the template on paint net to be something like 17 inches long in height, and 11 inches in width, but it only like 6 inches, and I cant scroll down.

Comment

Dori, it's ok now, I have sorted it. I wonder if you could help me with something else. I want to redo my web site, so I want to cancel all the stuff I have done, but keeping my doman name.

Comment

You really don't need to cancel anything Tygra, just rebuild the pages you want and 'save as' the page you are replacing. Or, open up the page you want to change, make your changes, save and republish. Either way should take care of it.
                  Naturally Yours,
                  Dori
                  www.earthelixirs.com
                  www.earthelixirsinc.com
                  www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
                  www.virtualdesigndiva.com
                  www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Dori, how do I clear my page in order to rebuild it again? I mean rebuild it completely.

Comment

Re: Background Question

when you republish using the same page name it publishes over anything you have with that name.
                      If you don't want to use the same page names I suppose you could just publish a page with the same name, but blank. That would work I think
                      Liz
                      www.sebastopolparty.com
                      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Yes, thanks larazovich, but I want to know how you can delete all the stuff you have done on your web page, because I cant find any tool that does this.

Comment

Yes, thanks larazovich, but I want to know how you can delete all the stuff you have done on your web page, because I cant find any tool that does this.
                          If you are referring to deleting the pages you have already published then these can be deleted using the FTP Manager. Go to > Tools > FTP Manager. Then click connect. Use the same login info as you do for publishing. The screen is spilt in two. Your server directory is shown on the right hand side whilst the left hand side shows your pc. On the server side - double click on Public_html. You should see here a list of all you have published and you can delete any pages you no longer want.

If you are referring to the pages you have built in BV, and that are stored on your pc, then simply open a blank page, build your design and save it as whatever you want. If you want it to be your new Homepage then simply save it as index - this will overwrite your old one. There is no need to open your original index and delete everything. Just save anew one as index and your old one will be gone.

If you are dead set on opening your old index page and deleting what is already there then simply go to > Edit > Select all > then hit the delete key and this will clear your page.

Does this answer your question?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

No, I mean like when you go to the "undo tool" for example and delete what you have done, I want to find the tool that will clear the page clean so I can redo it. I mean like all the pictures, template, menua bars etc.

Comment

No, I mean like when you go to the "undo tool" for example and delete what you have done, I want to find the tool that will clear the page clean so I can redo it. I mean like all the pictures, template, menua bars etc.
                              The last paragraph of my previous answer describes how to do this. There is no 'tool' for undoing a webpage. Follow the instructions I have already given and you will have a blank page.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                              X