Shopping cart images not loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping cart images not loading

I have images already loaded into SoHo, however, when I edit an item in the shopping cart and select a loaded pic (even the default loaded ones that came with it) I click save, and it acts as it saved, then the image isn't there. It will not save no matter what image is put in the drop down box.

Hard to run an ecommerce store if you can't load ANY images into the shopping cart item description.

ETA: Just also tried to change an item in the cart with Edit and nothing is saving at all in the shopping cart. The rest of SoHo, as in page editor and menu editor is saving....

ETA: I created a new item and was able to do all the things I couldn't, but once I saved it, I can't edit it now.

Re: Shopping cart images not loading

Seola,

How about a link? Hard to look at and guess without one.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

It's in SoHo. I can't update in there. I click on save and it doesn't save.

I go to Shopping Cart> Find/Edit Current Products > tester product

I put in the info to start with and it accepted fine and had not chosen an image.

I tried to go back to the product and make changes and click on save.

It doesn't save the changes at all, though it refreshes as if it does. I can't change ANYTHING... image file, category, shipping price, unit price, etc. I've exited out of SoHo and done a computer restart and it's still doing it.

Comment

Ok.. so how about a LINK to your site so we can LOOK at the coding?

Youre asking me to read your mind or jump thru your computer or see with your eyes..and I cant do that. So I need a link to your site to see what I CAN see.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I am having exactly the same problems as Seola described, can't save changes made to product and can't load additional pictures. If you find out the solution, pleeeeease let me know. Many thanks.

Kana

Comment

www.cormarcompany.com

There's nothing there except the page explaining it will be coming soon.

I didn't realize a link to my site would tell you what's wrong in SoHo itself. My apologies.

Comment

Ok I cant get to your cart from there. Do you have ANY products loaded?

Are you adding NEW products or editing products. Did you set up your categories? and place the item in a category? Did you set your product to display in advanced tab?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ok, ,I just manually went to your cart and its there. I dont know what you are doing, but i can see two products and pictures both!

http://www.cormarcompany.com/shoppin...t.php?browse=1

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac
                  Ok I cant get to your cart from there. Do you have ANY products loaded?

Are you adding NEW products or editing products. Did you set up your categories? and place the item in a category? Did you set your product to display in advanced tab?

Karen
                  Yes, I have two. Loading them and categorizing them is not the problem. It's in the EDIT part of SoHo.

If I load tester product, and save it, and leave it alone, then go back later INSIDE SoHo, I cannot EDIT the product. I go into the panel, click on edit, make changes and click save. SoHo reloads as if it DID save, but it does NOT save the new info. It has nothing to do with display on the page, since the SoHo cart doesn't save the edited info in the first place.

(P.S. I leave for a cruise in a few minutes, so it will be a week before I get back to you.)

Comment

Well, It appears that your edit is functioning. If you are waiting for the edit screen to change to a NEW one or to a NEW product it wont do that anymore, but they are working on that. It does save it tho.

When they added more pictures and a long and short description, a new product will refresh to a new ADD product screen, but when you are editing, you have to actually click EDIT more products there at the top, or one of the menu buttons, it doesnt dump you back out to the shopping cart menu automatically.

I think this is why you think its not saving the changes.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

No, it's not saving at all. And still not unfortunately.

I don't honestly know how to make it clearer to you, I know you mean well and all but it seems you are missing what I'm trying to say.

It's NOT saving PERIOD. No matter what. Even if I do it and it doesn't appear so, I put it in a page, and save the page, go look and the changes aren't made.

It's not dumping me to main menu, the page refreshes, just like the other sections do when I make edit changes.

But I think I'm gonna give up SoHo anyways.

It's functionality is SEVERLY limited, much more than some of the posts made it out. (For example, I can't position things on a page directly where I want them to be, I can only block it.) And the templates that are supposed to be of great use are missing vital objects.

And unfortunately, as evidenced by this post (and the activities of the forum), SoHo isn't greatly supported when issues arise.

I'll just take my time, I can do what I need on BV, just need to iron out some research details.

Thanks for trying though Karen, it's not easy to explain and go back and forth about SoHo's editor since you can't see it yourself!

Comment

Seola

Its not this forums job to support Soholaunch. Soholaunch has a forum as well, have you tried there?

The support I give you here is of my time, volunteer, I can only relate to you my experience, and what I do and assist you based on the information you give me.

Apparently I am missing something as I am NOT able to duplicate the error or understand what you are saying. Have you run the diagnostic tool to see if your permissions are set? Run it and see if it repairs any errors and finds any issues. You find it by clicking the the question mark at the top right corner then click the IT tab.

Also go to webmaster tools and update your store under software. Try re doing the updates and remember to log out between each.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Also, I am not understanding if you are saving a product or trying to put a product inside the text editor like on your home page, or exactly what you are doing.. If you email me your store LOGIN information, I will log in and look at it, and even put up a test page if you want to better understand. You can send it to kmacenterprise(AT)aol.com substitute the (at) for @

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I wasn't trying to sound mean or anything, just pointing out how hard the info is to get across.

As for the SoHoLaunch forum.... isn't that what this is? My screen says SoHoLaunch - General Issues. That's why I posted here.

I understand what you do is out of your own free time, and I think it's wonderful that people can at the very least try to help people without having an incentive behind it.

As for the issues - let me type up a step by step.

Load SoHoLaunch.
                            Go to Shopping Cart.
                            Click on add product.
                            Enter the info I wish to set up.
                            Click at the top right where it says save.
                            Go into any other section.
                            Go back to Shopping Cart.
                            Click Edit Product.
                            Change the Product info.
                            Click save in upper right corner.
                            Page reloads to the SAME information as if edit never happened. The edit is lost and the info I tried to put in and acts as if it saved, is gone from the fields I changed, reverting back to the ORIGINAL information I put in, when I created the product as new.
                            Get frustrated. ( :) )

I hope that helps, if not I can post some screen shots.

Comment

Forgot to add, I ran diagnostics and nothing was found, so I did a total reinstall of SoHo... that worked fine.

Ran diagnostics again and just recieved this:

Root Directory (public_html) 755 dqymddaa nobody no Failed

Error Reports Owner and Group must be dqymddaa to function properly.

Could that be causing it? I never changed groups for anything, so I have no idea why that group would be set to nobody.....

Comment

Working...
                              X