Almost ready to publish . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost ready to publish . . .

I am just about ready to try and publish a test page to VH. Last night I switched my names servers at GoDaddy, so I know it will take some time to propagate.

What I'm wondering is this: I have my welcome letter with IP address and username. When I click on "publish" this IP is not showing up in the dropdown box, but many other IPs are there. When I've waited the proper amount of time, will only my IP (or IPs) show up in the box automatically? If not, how do I get it in there, and is there a way to delete the other IPs that are currently in there?
    Sheryl Tupa
    Cust-M-Cartoons -- 10% Discount Code: "FORUM"
    Personalized Cartoons For Everyone and Personalized Music CDs for Kids
    New Baby Cartoons
    Personalized Cartoons to announce your new arrival!
    Cloud Nine Photo Magic
    Specializing in unique children & pet portraiture

Re: Almost ready to publish . . .

Originally posted by SherylT
    I am just about ready to try and publish a test page to VH. Last night I switched my names servers at GoDaddy, so I know it will take some time to propagate.

What I'm wondering is this: I have my welcome letter with IP address and username. When I click on "publish" this IP is not showing up in the dropdown box, but many other IPs are there. When I've waited the proper amount of time, will only my IP (or IPs) show up in the box automatically? If not, how do I get it in there, and is there a way to delete the other IPs that are currently in there?
    Hi Sheryl,

You just need to download the latest version of BlueVoda again. I know this may seem strange but with the amount of new members joing VH everyday there are new IP addresses being added regularly - every week or so. Just go here and download it again then, when you go to publish, you will see your IP address in the drop down list.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks so much Amanda. I'm really excited about become a part of the VodaHost Community!
      Sheryl Tupa
      New Baby Cartoons
      Cloud Nine Photo Magic

Comment

Oops forgot to ask one more thing. If I download a new version of BV it won't erase any of the pages I've built so far will it? Silly question I'm sure.
        Sheryl Tupa
        New Baby Cartoons
        Cloud Nine Photo Magic

Comment

Nope you don't lose anything.
          Welcome!
          Liz
          www.sebastopolparty.com
          www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Hi Sherryl,

I was clicking around your site and clicked on a page that took me to http://www.cust-m-cartoons.com/site/...roduct/001-300. I believe you lost your centering on this page as everything is hard left.

Other than that, everything looks pretty good to me.
            It can be a great day but it's your choice!

Rick
            P.S. Don't let the world pass you by, ride out ahead of it on a motorcycle!

http://www.deepsouthrides.com

Comment

Hi Rick - that's still going to her old server - still must be waiting on propagation!
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks for looking at the site Rick, but Beth is correct. That is my current site. I haven't finished rebuilding in Blue Voda yet, but I'm getting it done as fast as I can.

Beth, I received a response to another question from NavalDesign and he said I could create a new folder inside my public_html named "second_domain" where that would is the actual name of my GoDaddy domain (cust-m-cartoons) with hyphens. I can publish my pages there. Then once the site is done, all I have to do is point the nameservers to VH and my domain as-is can be used. Haven't explored the Control Panel yet to know how to do this, so I'll have to do some reading tonight.
                Sheryl Tupa
                New Baby Cartoons
                Cloud Nine Photo Magic

Comment

Yes - you can do that - you'll add the one with hyphens as an add-on domain done that way -and that will automatically create that folder in the public_html - and when you publish to it, you'll do so as public_html/cust-m-cartoons - Then, yes, when you are done, just point the nameservers and when it propagates, it will be on this one. This is basically what I was saying also - then you can take custmcartoons and do a 301 to cust-m-cartoons.

If you need help doing the add-on, let me know - but it is pretty straight forward.
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

I just asked Naval the same thing before I read your response. I guess I DID to the add-on correctly. Once my "color changing color blocks" issue is resolved, I'm going to start pumping out my individual pages as fast as I can. The weekend is coming, and that's when I'll be able to get a ton of pages done.

I will need your help when I do that 301 redirect thing. Not exactly sure what that is, but you know exactly what I want to do . . . keep my customers coming to cust-m-cartoons.com.
                    Sheryl Tupa
                    New Baby Cartoons
                    Cloud Nine Photo Magic

Comment

Working...
                    X