Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

???? about...no-use - Instructs caches not keep a copy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ???? about...no-use - Instructs caches not keep a copy...

Hi.. No one seemed interested in my last ? about preventing Google caching ...So I researched at Google ..And My ? is this... How to add no-use into meta tag as a directive for the search engine robots? .. Will <META NAME="GOOGLEBOT" CONTENT="NO-USE"> work... should it be "ROBOTS" for all robots??? .. Thanks Doug

Re: ???? about...no-use - Instructs caches not keep a copy...

That's not a meta tag I've ever heard of - are you sure you don't mean "no cache"? There is a post on the forum about that one and how to use it.

My question is - are you worried about the robots cacheing or people's computers? There are plusses and minuses for it on individual computers, but if that's where you want it to be removed, that's a different meta tag:

<meta http-equiv="pragma" content="no-cache">
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Bethers... Google posted pages within my site that I do not wish to have cached.. So ... I need info to protect such pages from being cached by robots in the future..That's the skinny on it... And .. I really do appreciate your input.. Thanks Doug

Comment

Hi... Bethers ... You have given me the "no cache" meta tag above.. for robots... If you would please post the meta tag that prevents caching on individual computers .. I will be very appreciative.. Thanks.. Doug..

Comment

Doug,

If you dont want pages found in google then you need to make a ROBOTS.txt file and use the nofollow or disallow tag. If you do a search, there are robot text file generators where you simply type in the urls you dont want the robots to spider, it generates it, you can then copy and paste to notepad, and save as robots.txt and upload to your site. If you use a nofollow or disallow in meta you will have to do every single page that way.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

That cache tag by the way isnt to stop google from displaying the results of the pages in your site that it spiders..

Heres a link for you!

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2007/...-protocol.html

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Karen.... I'll look into that link/google info in detail soon... Doug

Comment

Working...
              X